Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW26 - To WC, FH or TC??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yeah it’s very interesting how this all pans out over the coming weeks.

I stuck & made a -4 + TC.

Im on 63(-4) and have a predicted rise of 500 places to 18k OR.

Im happy with that & would be happy to break even over the next few GW’s

Im still not set on a definite strategy but I think a WC will be very useful coming out of these next GW’s as there are massive fixture swings & I think Chelsea will be a team to target.

i might WC 28 & BB29 & keep the FH then for GW36.

Im not set up overly well for next GW as my players play each other.

Id love Salah to run riot midweek as it will put me at ease :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

65 with 11 to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

58 (-8)

7 to play

FH team I toyed with would've been 82 with 10 to play.

Leaving the FH til next week mightn't have been the best idea in hindsight.

HEWT?

Would you consider leaving the FH team out next week & going ahead with just your current team + 1 or 2 hits?

Im thinking of keeping mine until later in the season when there is going to be teams to attack like Chelsea, Leicester who have a big backlog to catch up on

Not sure it's an option.

I have Saka, Robertson, TAA & Salah and would rather not transfer any of them out.

Currently on 10 and Sissoko is starting along with a doubtful Coufal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Same boat, I've no Spurs, Wolves, Burnley or City Mids who I want next week so FH it has to be. I have 2 x FH and plan was FH 27 so will stick to it. I've 8 active players next week and that includes the formidable duo of King and Dennis FFS like 😂

Sitting on 69 (-8) and a small green arrow inside 30k the GW, good to see. Bruno the real winner and only reason it's green and not red.

After watching Leeds yesterday, Salah (TC) could destroy that defence 🙏. They were all over the shop, conditions didn't help either but a high flying Liverpool who are rightly back in the title hunt will be going all out. Score difference now very important too.

I currently have 3 Liverpool boys & then have a non starter in Johnson + 2 Watford boys in attack. I think I can navigate around this by shipping 2 of those on for a -4.

A FH on a double week could be really valuable. What score are you hoping to hit & what score can you see a FH doing?

I can go with

Martinez or DDG

Dias Livramento (Johnson replacement)

Son Foden Bowen Ramsey

Jiminez Dennis (King Replacement)

*I was originally pre planning Saiss & Broja in but I’m contemplating Weghorst now instead of Broja.

Also I’m not sure on Saiss this week either as they are away to West Ham. I could just go with the 1 & play 10 & hope Johnson gets a run.

What would a FH team look it for you?

Yes in your case it is a strong case to make the move as you have 2 FH’s & your team isn’t well set up.

I should also mention I also have 2 FH's.

My original team, I honestly think I'd be doing well to get 30 points and do think it could be a low scoring week with hits, no Liverpool or Arsenal. FH allows me to make gains and if I were to hit 60+ that could mean quite a big leap in OR. Obviously a big if.

First draft I had was

Pope (McGovern)

Cancelo, Livramento, Roberts (Amartey, Williams)

Bruno, Son, Sancho, Bowen, JWP

Weghorst, Kane (Broja)

I'd love KDB as well but not 100% certain who will depend on how strong I feel about him starting. Will need to move around a couple people but the funds are there especially if I'm not too keen on Son/Kane but they looked good on Sat.

Original team is

DDG (Sanchez)

Cancelo, Dias, Coufal (TAA, Robertson)

Bowen, Sissoko, Coutinho (Saka, Salah)

Dennis, Antonio, Pukki

So 10 players with Coufal a doubt, Sissoko 2 points and most likely Antonio 2 points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭The Guru 123

Personally I definitely wouldn't free hit that. Your team is fine for next week in what will be a low scoring week. I know you have 2 FH but looking at your team you'll definitely have to use one in GW30. There'll be a better time to use the other one.

Would agree not to sell any of your Liverpool or Arsenal guys. Personally I'd just sell Coufal for a Burnley defender (Mee or Roberts at this stage ) and captain him. Think that would have every chance of getting you a moderate green arrow and keeps the FH in your back pocket.

I’d be tempted to ride it out. You could go Coufal to Burnley defender or Wolves defender (for upcoming double too).

You could go Pukki to Weghorst (Captain) or Broja.

Though I really like the JWP punt but I think I’d want him over the block of 4/5 games as opposed to 1 off.

Have you all other chips.. if so what Is your plan?

• Advertisement

Appreciate the feedback, most likely will FH in GW30 and just after that I'm not sold on.

I feel everyone will be using it either GW27 and GW30 and after that it could just be using it for the sake of it. Given it will be a low scoring week, I feel it could be ripe to use and potentially score high when others are making hits and not fielding 11.

I have all other chips bar TC which I played this week on Salah.

Plan right now, which could easily change, is

GW27 FH

GW28 WC

GW29 could easily be WC this week instead

GW30 FH

GW36 Most likely bench boost if that's the big DWG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Would you look to BB in 29 after WC and the FH in 36 instead? Always feel its best to BB the week after WC so you can worry less about having a decent bench for the rest of the season

Yeah that may well be an option. Once I decide to WC, the BB might follow suit right after.

If it's GW29 I WC, I'll have to see how many I'd have for the GW30 but may have to FH.

Too big of a gap between WC & BB I think. Better off BB in GW29 as your bench will likely be cheap twice playing defenders & an attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭The Guru 123

Just noticed Newcastle play in 27 and then have doubles in 28 & 29. They've been very good defensively for the last month. Might look into getting one of their players in this week. Probably has to be Targett, Burn or Dubravka really. Hard to make a case for any of the attackers, especially with a doubt over Saint Maximin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm looking at Schar and Willock in this week. Its a toss up between JWP and Willock, the extra game kinda sways me to Willock. Schar is so cheap that hes not really a risk

Promising news anyway.

Surely Salah, TAA, Robertson, Mane, VVD all get the nod?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think he will start a lot of players in both games.

TAA, Robbo, Fabinho all were rested for the Norwich game. I would think this is with the plan in place of starting them all against Leeds & Chelsea back to bavk.

Keita, Hendo & Thiago have all be rotating the last few games too with Elliot & Ox getting less minutes to supplement the 4 midfielders.

The full backs & midfielders are where a lot of the energy comes from, and there are 6 players there (TAA, Robbo, Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Keita) who have got some degree of rest in the last week, while maintaining rhythm. Only playing 180 mins max from a possible 270 mins. They can all play the back to back Leeds & Chelsea games and be rested again for the Cup game with Norwich.

There has been some rotation in the forwards too with Diaz & Mane getting 30 or 60 mins in some games. The Jota & Firmino injuries have somewhat forced Klopp's hand but Salah is getting 90 mins every game since he he has been back, bar the first.

There are only 2 outfield players that have played the maximum in the last 3 games - VVD & Salah so I think they are the most likely to be rotated in the Leeds game. Perhaps Salah starts but only gets 60 mins. Konate probably starts Leeds & Matip Chelsea.

Working backwards, I'd only give the below players a chance of starting in the final so used them as reference for the minutes played over the last 3 games.

Post edited by Fitz* on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Does anyone know of a tool that I can put my current team into and then a potential free hit team into and get expected points on each based on what the players have scored so far? FH looks alright this week but I could still field 10 with a free transfer. Im trying to balance it against having a FH in DGW36 which could gain more later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Some runours that Salah wasn't seen travelling to Elland Road!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

A Lot of shltty rumours going around on Twitter about Salah rested, Origi starting and Salah not being spotted at Elland Road, etc.

🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I actually wouldnt mind him being rested becasue I havent TCed him and that would limit the damage. Would imagine lots are in the opposite position and need him to play. I cant see Klopp resting him anyway after City just dropped 3 points, they need to make this game in hand count or the league is practically over.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cornet out injured, Tarkowski back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Reguillon and Edouard benched again

Alisson

TAA Matip VVD Robbo

Fabinho Thiago Jones

Salah Mane Diaz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Leeds team news

Starting XI: Meslier, Ayling, Struijk, Firpo, James, Forshaw, Klich, Dallas, Harrison, Raphinha, Rodrigo.

Subs: Klaesson, Roberts, Bate, Gelhardt, Cresswell, Summerville, McCarron, Shackleton, Kenneh. 

Liverpool team news

Starting XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago, Jones, Salah, Mane, Diaz.

Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Milner, Keita, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Tsimikas, Origi. 

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Advertisement