Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding a Named Driver Who Holds a Learner Permit

Options
  • 17-02-2022 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

how to add a learner permit to be named driver?

if person has more than 8 years of NCB, how much extra am i paying for the learner permit holder on my insurance as a named driver ?

if my current insurance is 400euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Impossible to answer. You need to call a few insurers, as they will all be different and the learner driver aspect will be just one factor. We recently added a permit driver to one of our policies which was incidentally around €400 for the policy holder. Adding the permit driver was roughly €800 extra. The next best was over €1000 more.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I added my 19yr old daughter with LP to our car (Renault 1.5dCi) and it added €1,200.00

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement