Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut floor tiles close to wall (already laid)

Options
  • 17-02-2022 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Folks, looking for some tips please. Going to put up a stud partition and double doors in my tiled hallway. Want to get back to bare floor where the partition and door saddle/threshold will be. Plan to use an angle grinder and disc to cut an slot in the tiles. This should work o.k. (hopefully !), but I expect I will run into problems when I get close to the wall due to the radius of the blade (I'll be removing the skirting). Any suggestions?. Could drill a series of holes with a glass drill bit and hope that the tiles breaks along these lines. Or I could remove a few tiles (if I can find some replacements).

Comments

Advertisement