Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KOLTON Master solid fuel burner for shed

Options
  • 15-02-2022 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello I'm thinking of installing a solid fuel burner in the shed I'm sick of ashes and turf in the house. I have a kolton master priced and ready to confirm but I'd just like to hear from someone who was ina similar position. The man was telling its 15 or 16 kw will be plenty sufficient which is lower then my 30kw stove but I'm not worried over that when I talk to a plumber who will install it I'll get him to calculate what kw would be best. I have looked a few different systems and of the 3 I seen 2 men didn't bother with a buffer tank just sent it straight in and one man had a huge buffer tank. I have a small bungalow it's old. I would be happy going out once or twice an evening to fill it I can't really see the need for a buffer ? Like it only a stove in a shed in my eyes what is is point of paying 1000 for for a buffer. Any input would be greatly appreciated looking to be set straight. Thanks in advance . Kenneth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sparky1984

Sorry I meant to add does anyone have said Kolton Master and are they happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rob14

Replied to you on another thread too:

Have a Kolton Master 23kw in for about 7 years now. It has been the best investment I put in the house. Have bought Oil maybe a couple of times since I got it in. Less than €500 worth.

No buffer tank and no zones, just everything open. I only burn turf in it as I have a turf bank. (For now anyway!)

Takes about 20 mins to get going. Have it in the shed so no ashes in the house which is great. Burn maybe 3-4 bags of turf in the winter but would be home all day. The house is really warm.

In the summer only put it on when needed, maybe 2 or 3 days out of the week for hot water. Emersion the rest of the time....

Cut 5 to 6 hoppers of turf a year for €250-300 so that's my heating and hot water for the year. Plus emersion for the summer.

Advertisement