Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Beara Sept 2022

Options
  • 13-02-2022 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi All,

This section is for discussion on training progress/route questions/tips/ in reference to Tour de Beara Sept 2022.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CJay1

Great route. Will be doing it for the third time in September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

Great route alright. Did it for the first time last year and weather was very benign in comparison to some years. Beautiful Sept day.

Tips: save some strength for the stretch through Alihies. Is much tougher this direction than going the other way. After that you have the second climb of Healy Pass which I didn’t find too tough. Save some legs again for the drag back to Glengarrif.

If you manage a couple of 100km spins with a 1000m climbing prior to it I reckon you’ll be fit enough. That was enough to get me through it last year and I finished strong enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭McBluffin

Really looking forward to this event. It will be my first time. I guess the trick here is to have the best w/kg you can manage given all the climbing involved. Time to get the weight down ha

Advertisement