Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Civil 3D - Surfaces query

Options
  • 12-02-2022 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Trying to learn C3D at home.

I usually get topo surveys in as CAD polyline files with associated elevations, with spots noted. How do I convert this into a surface.

I dont need the point files as afaik I can work from this point on?

I've looked at a lot of the tutorials online and they all assume that you have some experience. I don't.

Also, re: styles, do I need to form my own template or can I get a good metric based one anywhere?

Finally, is there any good C3D course out there now? I would prefer to tailor it to exactly what I do and can learn all the additional stuff as I go....

(I do roads/drainage/water/excavation volumes - housing estates etc...)

Thanks

Rayjdav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

Create your surface, then under definition, select breaklines-add and select the polylines. It should do the trick.

Advertisement