Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER increase on Individual Works

Options
  • 12-02-2022 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Folks,

Have a query on what approx. Kwh/Yr/M2 on the BER rating each of the following works would bring the score down by. Im asking this as my house is a C1 now and I am getting a BER done in the next week, I don’t want it to hit B2 or I wont get the One Stop Shop Grant since the change this week. Note I have put in cavity insulation since my previous BER so im threading the line!

Rafter

Heating Controls

3mm Minimal Floor Insulation

Hot and Cold Water Tank Lagging Jacket

LED Lights

Chimney Balloon

Radiator Deflectors

Draught Strips

Extra Pipe Lagging

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Biker1

The only one that will make any difference in the BER is the heating controls, lagging jacket, lighting and draught stripping. Without running it through the system there is no way of knowing the exact difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭theboss.com

Is there any relatively accurate calculator online that would include draught stripping, lagging jacket in its calculations? The only one I found only has the high level upgrades

Advertisement