Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal food delivery rack (attach to topbox plate), where to buy?

Options
  • 11-02-2022 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Just 'a notion', whether I could get young fella into a bit of food delivery locally, in due course (yep, insurance would be an issue). Even before get to that, below appears to be the best rack but Singapore seems to be the only place producing it & don't ship internationally (millionfactoryclub & carousell, both Singapore).

Anyone ever seen these for sale? (for something so simple.....). I like the 4 ledges, you'd be using an insulated bag, so the ledges would help with stability & places for bag straps to tie to (& if you wanted to use bungees/small cargo net). Bag options 62L or 80L.

Anyone any experience of this type of work?, would just be pocketmoney/life experience/first job/independence, maybe weekend evenings. Own Suzuki 125. I suppose the standard way is get a job with pizza place. I presume the pay is fairly min wage, or do guys get a 'per delivery' fee (plus the odd tip maybe). Googling Deliveroo is next port of call.

Any general perspectives welcome, safety (on & off bike!) a consideration. If it was going to be a shite experience for him I'd forget about it - not about the money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I might have something in the garage that might - and I stress the 'might' part - work for you. I'll measure it tomorrow.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Fair play. I have a middle aisle welder that I should really become acquainted with, & a small angle grinder I've actually used.... so if we were 3/4s of the way there I'd could try to get it....over the line.😁 #functionoverform

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Jeez - I forgot to come back to you: the tray(s) I have made will take a 360 x 360 'box' or similar:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement