Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm going to Moldova...who wants to go? What do you know about it? Any famous Moldovans?

Options
  • 10-02-2022 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

I spend a good bit of time going to random off the path places to satiate my curiosity on travel. Was messing about on Skyscanner and wanted to look for something different and plugged in a few dates in March to finish off some annual leave I had and Moldova came up. Admittedly I know only a few things about it (gleamed from their football teams, Eurovision and reading about Transnistira - an enclave of Russians that want independence). In the spirit of light heartedness, I figured what do we all know about Moldova. Have you been? The wine is meant to be amazing. Very turbulent history. Russians could come into north of Ukraine via Transnistria. Country is very cheap as well but then I realised after it has one of the lowest GDP's in Europe. Few words of Romanian should help or Russian if I go to Transnistria. National dish is Sarmale, same as in Romania which I had before Xmas .

Would you go?

Comments

Advertisement