Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does an Irish skin care routine look like?

Options
  • 10-02-2022 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Maybe it varies for our climate.

1) Tretinoin has always been recommended as the foundation of skin care.

I use 0.025% typically around three times a week.

Some say everyday is imperative but for me it's just for skin health, not treating acne.

2) Either moisturizer or collagen cream (love this), and switch it up between these and a serum depending on how my skin feels.

3) Blemish balm sometimes and always remove and exfoliate with a hot face cloth at night, sometimes a little 7% glycolic acid if I feel deeper exfoliation is necessary.

I also use some copper/tripeptides on my scalp with a little microneedling to keep the hair thick.

That's it.

In physics we trust....

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Trying different products and tools for skin care etc., I've found tiktok is great for seeing experiences and outcomes with different things.

Been looking at a few different youtube channels also, including these dudes.

They're like a caricature for something which, if nothing else, provides comic value.

Both doctors/dermatologists.

They do some decent product review/recommendations.

Seems the basic premise of all skin care routines is

1) cleansing with mild SA

2) retinols, the holy grail of healthy skin apparently

3) anti-oxidant such as vitamin C

4) potentially peptides for collagen production

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

And this dude (though I'm sure there's an endless supply of skin care review channels):

You believe he's 58?

In physics we trust....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

SPF is missing from your list!

Advertisement