Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conversations With Friends - BBC 3 & Hulu.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,605 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I'd rather not name my alma mater but you are right about UCD and Trinity harbouring certain types.

However in my experience they don't have a monopoly.

My tolerance has lowered with age 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The ads for this are horrific. They make the lead female character look like she has learning difficulties.

Blonde woman

There's nothing I should know about Nick is there?

Face on lead character like she just woke up from a coma

....no

Man with long hair

I never stopped loving her

Lead female character

You still love her?

Yank lady links hands with lead female character who reciprocates

Main female character with a face on her like a child after seeing a magician making a rabbit disappear

It's all a bit odd. The man and woman look to be in their 30's and their fiddling about with college aged girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭RoTelly

I think that is the point of the series, discovering polygamy.

The American comes across as the most normal, and seems to at least deliver her lines. The rest of them seem to just whisper everything and look confused.

It's like their acting lecturer showed the class the episode of upstart crow where a new actor with intense eyes is brought into audition.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

He is handsome & he is Taylor Swift's latest squeeze the character is a troubled introvert and is attracted to another introvert.

She nervously sits on the bed as she flirts with him via text, and she replies "can we do this in person".

The camera focus on her nervous smile, then to her hands and phone, she stands up she and looks at the door nervously, the camera dodging around the actress.

He knocks and comes to her room.

And then for some reason the director tells her to act as if she's about the fall about the place laughing. She has this hysterical face pulled.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

its a slow paced production the book was slow as well the story could be told in 1 hour & 30 minutes to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

As is the case with a lot of literary fiction imo. Can work in print with a good author but no so much on film.

It could be her character in the book that she has a nervous shy disposition. I am not sure what the hysterical face means, it kind of through me.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

What an absolutely shockingly bad series! Same thing every episode & as for that ending…..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It’s so crappy and boring compared to NP. Leading actress, Tommy Tiernan and the blondie wife is okish in it, the rest awful especially mr Taylor Swift and the Irish music wan with the ever present huge smile and knashers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement