Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 3

• 08-02-2022 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23

Hi All,

I am considering purchasing an EV in the next month or so and I like the look of the Ioniq 3. I am also looking at the Leaf 62kw. My driving would be primarily city commuting with a country run every odd month or so. Would you have any preference regarding these, or any suggestions otherwise. My budget would be max at the Leaf price around 36K

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Your big problem will be that there's very little stock available. Having said that Hyundai seem to better than most on that front.

The Ioniq 3 is a very good car and good value and a big improvement over the earlier 28kwh version. Having just bought an Ioniq 5 myself I'd suggest looking at raising your budget to 39k! It's a seriously good car. There's a reason why it's winning awards left, right and centre.

The Leaf is based on very old technology and things have come on a lot in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Are you going new or second hand, fairly sure the Leaf 62 is more than 36k, 40k+

Drove the "Ioniq" which is now the Ioniq 3 I guess. Great car, really liked it. Mine was the 28kwh version so I cannot speak to the newer version, but its a REALLY efficient car, to the point where you will likely get as much range if not more than the Leaf 40kwh with the 28kwh version. Size wise they are similar, think the Leaf has a slightly bigger boot. Some was over on the Ioniq thread saying the newer one charged slower which might be something to watch out for, as the 28 charged quite fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

+1 on the range and efficiency issue. Independent tests have shown that the Ioniq can have a better range than a higher range Leaf so don't just blindly accept the official range figures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 Jinny_Cat

Thanks. Purchasing new. I also like the look of the Peugeot e208, although a good bit smaller, I'd say it would be fun to drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Buttros

Not sure of wait times on the cars you mentioned but if you can be patient the MG ZS looks very nice in person and gets great reviews. Great spec for the price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement