Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulating electfical sockets

Options
  • 08-02-2022 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Hi we recently did drylining to our internal external walls and now I want to look at additional air tightness. How can I insulate the sockets ? The house was fully rewired and the original walls under the insulated boards were chased. I don't thing they were sealed in any way. I can feel a draft in a couple of them on the external walls up into the loft space. the center of the loft was converted into rooms.

how do you go about it ? i understand you cannot go near inside the junction boxes but can I spray insulating foam (fire rated) up behind the socket boxes and seal any external bits like the chase cavity

Post edited by Notch000 on

Comments

Advertisement