Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diagnostics and Coding ID3/ID4/Q4/ETron/Eniaq and other VAG cars.

Options
  • 07-02-2022 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Something I enjoy learning about is car diagnostics like reviewing logs, checking operating parameters for control modules and adaptation possibilities. On prior VAG cars, I used VCDS which was always an excellent tool hampered only by the lack of mobile connectivity and use.

Recently bought OBDEleven and find it's really well featured. Has plenty of one-click apps for ID3/ID4/Q4/ETron/GT/Eniaq and of course non-electric models too. Tiny OBD connector with Bluetooth and both Apple and Android app support. Various levels of subscriptions and apps are unlocked using a points system which isn't prohibitively priced. Not for everyone and many will wonder why bother at all. Given there's a positive community of Electric VAG cars here, thought that some will be interested.

https://obdeleven.com/en/supported-vehicles I'm just an enthusiast, no affiliation to them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Morbidly Abeast

I’ve been looking at getting one of these. I’ve an Enyaq coming in the next week or two (hopefully) and it would be great to be able to do some things with the apps.

I’ve two questions though that maybe you might have an answer to. Firstly, are you invalidating insurance by using these apps - you’re effectively modding your car I guess? Secondly, with OTA updates coming, I’m guessing anything you change will be changed back to its factory state with each update. Will you need to “rebuy” the apps with credits each time it’s reset I wonder?

Advertisement