Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day/night drinking in City. Places to go

Options
  • 06-02-2022 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'll be honest. I know the City itself but been a while since out in it

Having a weekend out there soon me and some friends. Just a food and drink thing really. No clubs or anything like that

Planning on keeping north of the liffey, no interest in temple bar, or camden or harcourt or any them

Keeping it trad' really.

So we get off at bus aras and plan to head up town but not going out further than Parnell/Capel street. Maybe we'll cross the bridge if there's anything of value

Decent pints/grub and any places that won't cost an arm and a leg basically. Like everywhere in the country there's been some changes over the years so it won't be like old times

We're going to pay a bit more that what we would at home I know, but any gems for value especially that might be overlooked if price and quality is decent.

Not asking for a lot :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

M&L Szechuan Chinese off O'Connell Street is delicious and reasonably priced. It's authentic Chinese food too. Kimchi hophouse on Parnell Street. Brother Hubbard, Krewe or Musashi on Capel Street.

For drinks, the Grand Social or Black Sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Donnie2020

Yeah Capel street is a case in point.

I never gave the area the attention it probably deserves in the years I was around the place. Easily enough around that area alone for us

Cheers for those places

Advertisement