Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feel crap about cancelling a job

Options
  • 06-02-2022 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

I was due to have some work done starting tomorrow.

Its not major work but a couple of k worth. I am not really that happy with the guy doing the work, I dont know why but I get a bad gut feeling about him and the whole deal. I could chance it and put up with the consequences, or be **** and pull the plug ( a txt, Ive not talked to him much by phone ) .

anyone here gone through with something when their gut tells them not to just coz they didnt want to let down a total stranger ?

Comments

WALK AWAY.......you know that ol cliche 'if it walks like a duck.../ quacks like a duck .......'. It's your €€€ ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

you are right Ken. just hate being a bollix to this fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Tails142

Chances are he won't turn up tomorrow anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

If in Doubt **** it out was a motto I used in my time in the Culinary world OP.

Making a Tough decision now is a lot easier than making it when it may be to late. I appreciate you don't want to be a B****X but honestly any reservations now best dealt with immediately 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

If I told you the story of my experience with a builder you would follow your gut feeling. I am sorry I didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Follow your hunch. You'll feel a lot worse if it turns out like you think.

Also there's plenty of work out there atm. Your fella won't be idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭AyeGer

He would think nothing of walking away from the job if it suited him or ignoring your phone calls for weeks. I wouldn’t feel bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Tell him sooner rather than later,so he can organise alternative work for himself

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Are there skips around you ? Good trades people shouldn't have any problem getting work.

Advertisement