Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rearing Suck Calves

• 03-02-2022 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭

What milk replacer is a good option for rearing dairyXbeef heifer calves for replacements and beef?

We used to use Eringold Super, but have switched to Blossom Easymix. Main reason was that the supplier said he used it and was continuity for the calves we bought. Also looked/smelt better at the time than the Eringold.

Also, anyone try this - slightly more affordable than what the high volume guys are using and would be useful for part-time farmers too?

When I was younger everyone was mad for nice green hay for the claves, now its all straw. Calves coming straight off the trailer get a shot of Bovipast and that single shot should cover them through the risk period.

We opt for BB heifer calves as they can be held for replacements, sold as bulling or springing heifers, or for beef. More options. With bull calves there is only one way for them, but we have been discussing the possibility of try a few BB bull calves to see how they go (rear as bullocks). Anyone have any experience of running BB bullocks?

I think there was a thread on this previously, but I can't find it now.

Advertisement