Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl LVI Thread - Los Angeles Rams v Cincinatti Bengals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cincinnati Bengals

Ye ? I’m not a bengals fan I’ve just picked them to win the game tomorrow. What does the pace of Green Bay merchandise sold have anything to do with the super bowl between the bengals and rams ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

LA Rams

I really hope I'm wrong but I can't see beyond the Rams winning this with a comfortable 4th quarter. The Rams are better in most departments except for the explosiveness of Burrow and Chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

LA Rams

Mod Note: I won't tolerate any more trolling on this thread. Last warning, I'll be issuing bans that extend beyond the game. The packers are not involved this weekend, if you want to discuss the packers please use the packers thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

LA Rams

Rams relatively comfortably for me. Bengals have done magnificently to get this far but it has been a bit of a fluke if truth be told, overcoming Burrow getting sacked nine times against the Titans, all the picks their opponents threw at key moments during the playoffs etc. A lot of the Rams players have been here before and I think they are a better and more complete team, along with having a big sideline advantage.

Rams by double digits for me, Bengals have everything in place to get back here and do it in the future but I think they have massively overachieved already and will come back down to earth tomorrow evening unless the Rams s**t the bed with silly mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Cincinnati Bengals

Going with the Bengals. I expect a tight game and McPherson has shown so far in the playoffs to be able to deliver key kicks which might be the difference down the stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In all fairness you are giving no respect to a defense who have two picks of Mahomes, three picks of Tannehill and one from Derek Carr giving up a total of 62 points through three playoff games.

And Joe Burrow's only big game that we know of was the NCAA national championship where he went and broke nearly every passing record in the book.

I'm not saying they'll win it but to suggest that a QB whose unproven in big games, Matthew Stafford, is going to comfortably win a Superbowl is showing the height of disrespect for what the Bengals have achieved.

• Advertisement

LA Rams

They’ve done brilliantly which I acknowledged. Let’s see if they can keep it going. If they do and I end up being wrong I’ll own it. I just have a feeling that the fairytale ends tonight for them. I’m not saying it’ll be a blowout, but a two score game where the Rams keep the Bengals at arms length would not surprise me.

Bengals defence is good but their OLine is a sieve and I could see it being a big problem and a factor in the outcome. We will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

LA Rams

I think The Rams will get it done ultimately with home field advantage playing it's part. I think the Bengals will enjoy being the underdog and I expect it to be a close game but I do think ultimately the D will make the difference with the likes of Donald who will be desperate to not be on the losing side of things again and I think the Bengals o line will need to be damn near perfect and burrows too for the victory.

Burrows is fantastic though, hard to root against them it's just the head telling me the rams is the way to go this year.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

LA Rams

I'm taking the Rams tonight, I was 3 for 4 in the divisional round and 0 for 2 in the championship round I think.

I've been burned by picking against the Bengals time and again and there is a path to them winning this game. It probably relies on Stafford having a bit of a meltdown, Burrow being great, Chase having a huge game. Probably means a low scoring game too.

For the Rams I think they have too many weapons and have more paths to victory. I think they can control the game with the run game, they have weapons in the pass game with Kupp and Beckham, they have excellent rub defense and a great pass rush. McVay has coached in the superbowl before and won't make the same mistakes second time around. Home field is a big advantage as well.

The Bengals will have to have a gameplan that takes the pass rush out of it, but I don't think they will be able to run the ball and the quick passing game will only work if they can keep the game close. If they can generate a turnover or two there is a chance for them.

The Benglas do have excellent receivers and a great QB but if they are forced into a drop back type game I don't think they can win. I'd take the Rams to win based on this being the best defense the Benglas have faced this postseason, an expectation that Stafford will be efficient and Donald, Miller , Floyd will disrupt the Bengals passing game.

LA by a score.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭irishgeo

LA Rams

The annual battle to stay awake. Don't really tune in for the regular season but usually try to catch the playoff games and the superbowl. The past few years it wasn't possible for me to stay up due to my previous job. But this year I have a new job and a more flexible start time.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

I just want American Football to be the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 85,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm going Rams to win, Aaron Donald mvp

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

LA Rams

Rams win for me and hoping it doesn't become a blowout.

Can see Rams double teaming Chase and putting Ramsey on Higgins.....So Boyd could be the main target.

Rams with all the weapons and Burrow will be under even more pressure than he has been this season.

I think the Chiefs blew it themselves in Q3 of that game.

So Rams for me but really hoping it's a tight and enjoyable game .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

LA Rams

Tonight's game is probably going to be last game Michaels & Collinsworth call together as Al is expected to sign a deal with Amazon to call Thursday night games, talk of Aikman also ending in the colour role with him

Cincinnati Bengals

Nobody seems to be giving the bengals much of a chance from the picks on nfl network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

LETS GO RAMYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Tigers certainly the under dogs. But they upset KC with one of the most entertaining 4th quarters this year.

Hopefully this game has something memorable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Cincinnati Bengals

Americans sure love the pomp before the Superbowl

Cincinnati Bengals

The Rock in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Cincinnati Bengals

Hate the Bengals going for it there.

Cincinnati Bengals

TD rams OBJ.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

LA Rams

Disagree. I think if there's any place to go for it when you're looking for one yard it's in and around the 50. A punt feels like a waste from there and it's too long for a FG so I think they were better off.

Cracking throw from Stafford for OBJ

LA Rams

Incredible catch there by Chase

Cincinnati Bengals

What a catch by chase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

LA Rams

Think the Rams will will win by at least ten. Have backed them to be leading at half time, and win at full time, and backed them with a -8.5 handicap.

Advertisement