Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Corolla Touring Sport

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

My phone is a Huawei P20 Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

Just wondering what price people paid for the toyota corolla touring sol new in 2022 ?

I'm trying to decide between buying a new 2023 Corolla Touring Luna or a second hand 2021 Corollla Touring Sol ?

This one seems a bit expensive https://approvedused.toyota.ie/used-cars/ireland/a0Z6700000e0pgz?Toyota/Corolla/Longford ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

When pricing them last December/January I think the Sol touring was somewhere between 34-35k. The lower spec model with 16inch alloys was somewhere between 29-30k. I know they has a considerable price increase since then. They are a very nice looking car with great practicality.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

That car you linked doesn't even have parking sensors. There was a 201 SOL with 35k kilometres for sale in a Cork non main dealer that asked 26900 and it sold yesterday after the advert was only up for 1 day.

I priced a Corolla SOL touring sport 1.8 2023 model year which should land in May. Multiple garages quoted me €41,600 on the road including dealer and delivery charges. Mad money for a Corolla with some spec. The 2023 model year has the latest 5th generation hybrid system with 140hp and some upgraded safety tech and parking sensors as standard(optional extra on previous years). Unbelievably most people didn't spec their TS with parking sensors.

I loathe this country's VRT system. In the UK and on the continent they get way better spec such as heated steering wheel, blind spot monitoring and power boot. Some continental specs even have matrix led headlights. In the UK, the 2.0 version is only 1500gbp more whereas here it's like 7-8k more.

There's a shortage of touring sports here and any decently priced ones are snapped up within a day or two. There are a few SOL 2020 and 2021's for sale at Toyota dealers but they're asking at least 3-4k over what they should be IMO.

Post edited by LasersGoPewPew on

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

Thanks @LasersGoPewPew Im seeing that regarding prices too, have you been able to get a concrete spec for the 2023 toyota touring ? It would be really nice to know what we're getting before i order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

I was at Toyota Sandyford earlier this week and they had no specifications for MY23 yet. They said they should have a demo car early march with deliveries by end of March

Our Leaf is in the body shop today so have a 212 Corolla Hybrid (not Touring) as a rental. Here are my initial thoughts:

I have only driven a previous gen 1.4 DiD 'Rolla in recent years and I can see why people would choose these cars over that. They are very easy to drive and performance is quite good really. The only noticeable thing is that the road noise is quite high compared to the 2016 Nissan and also you can also hear faint drone of the engine at any speeds and the frequent start/stop cycle is not so nice. I suspect this would be even more noticeable if the rest of car had less noise like when the road surface is smooth.

Handling seems good, it corners quite flat, better than expected and suspension is also very well damped and comfortable. Steering is quite nicely weighted, still a bit light for my taste but totally fine, but this results in a slight tendency to wander as minute force on the wheel immediately changes the course of the car. Probably something you'd get used to quickly. The interior seems of high quality: It feels durable and just good. Nice cluster too with a TFT speedometer and graphics with accompanying analogue gauges. The EV drivetrain makes an effortless pickup from standstill and the engine kicks in rather smoothly but you can sometimes feel a slight jolt when it starts. One particular thing I noticed that it was noticeably easy to drive at constant speed. When I floored it for 80->100 sprint the performance seemed nippy.

So, thumbs up from me if you're on the market for a hybrid car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I had a 1.4 Corolla diesel in 2016 for a few days (brand new) and it was so gutless and underpowered. Joining the motorway I felt I had to work my way up to it. So I can see what you mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

• Advertisement
Advertisement