Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cry Wolf Channel 4/All 4

• 30-01-2022 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

I said I'd give this Danish show a spin, but I'm afraid the show has lost credibility with me 30 minutes into episode 2.

Now I will watch it as I'm dying to find out what happens, but I'm afraid I don't think the social worker could possibly work this way.

He's alone with the child on numerous occassions. One time she's in the forest having a look at a boy she fancies and the foster father lighting a fire and the next thing your man is there beside her. He never called out to say that he was heading up to her. In episode 1 she's lying on a couch and she wakes up and there he is sitting on the end of it. He puts his hand on her too after meeting her for the first time.

I know it's not real-life but come on, if child protection was to work like this they'd be shut down.

EDIT: He's after putting his arm around the girl and hugged her in the forest. Just him and her there - I can't believe that would happen at all.

Am I incorrect?

It's on Channel 4 at 11pm tonight and on All 4 right now.

A blurb:

Complex Danish drama from Walter Presents. Teenager Holly claims her stepfather is violent. Her shocked parents deny what Holly says. Can a social worker discover where the truth lies?

EDIT2: I binged it all and it is worth a watch while tackling this difficult topic well.

If they didn't film everyone putting on and taking off their jackets they might have squeezed it into 6 episodes. And the subject of my initial rant stopped after 30 minutes into the second episode. I was still put out by it though. It stayed with me throughout the series and I feel it unjustly tainted my opinion of that particular character.

Post edited by Brian Lighthouse on

Advertisement