Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any where to get yeast in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-01-2022 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

Think I made a bit of a balls of my first BIAB and underpitched my yeast. Using BRY97 and possibly have a chance at rescuing it if I got more in the next day. Its a long shot, but there's hardly anywhere in dublin selling brewers yeast - and open on a Sunday? 😅

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just bumping this - any B&M places to get yeast in dublin, or is it all online now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

to answer my own question, i got it in the artisan brew academy on thomas street.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

You can buy fresh yeast in most Polish grocery stores. Look for "drożdże", usually they're located in the refrigerators close to dairy products

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Just be aware that baking yeast may not be best suited to beer. It's designed to maximise CO2 production over alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

Probably a bit late now but Geterbrewed usually do a next day delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Yeah, they seem to be the only place you can just walk into. I've got stuff from Geterbrewed before, and they are great, but sometimes I'm stuck, and in a rush, and the place on Thomas street save the day.

Advertisement