Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CASE MXU 100 PROBLEM

Options
  • 29-01-2022 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

My Case MXU 100 is stopping dead on occasion. I drained the diesel filter to clear any water from it. I am now trying to drain the diesel tank of any water. But to my surprise I cannot find a drain plug to open. Maybe someone here might help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

At the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mach Two

Super stuff. I didn't get under it enough. I expected something on the base of the tank. I will get at it tomorrow. Any idea how to get the hr clock going again. It faded and then stopped displaying completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭stanflt

Are you getting an error code before it cuts out

is it only cutting out when the diesel tank is less than half full??

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

By the sounds of it you must have the whole fuel system clogged up if its cutting out. There's a great fuel pump on those tractors so it will pump everything from the fuel tank to the filters that includes water and gunk. If your washing out the main tank then you must have need to change the pre filter, main filter and pump gauze as well.

As for the clock, check the main connector on the back of the dash. It's just 4 screws to remove the dash then the connector at the back is held in place by a screw-ring. Take it off and make sure there's no dust or water on the connectors. If the clocks still gone it could be the 5amp fuse but afaik if that is gone then the whole dash should be gone. At that point you are looking at getting a new dash or one from a breakers, or sending it off for repair. All of which are expensive and not worth doing if everything else is working.

Thanks for the information. I can only see one filter on it. I am only draining the fuel tank as a precaution. I did not see anything but diesel coming out of the filter drain. Where is the pre filter and the pump gauze.

There might be a bit of an air lock in it.

• Advertisement

It is sounding an alarm and an orange light coming on. The screen that gives the error codes is not working. It happened before and it was telling me that there was water in the diesel. I replaced the filter. It was still giving an error code. Think I replaced the sensor at the time and it still gave an error code. Someone told me that it would take time for the error code to go off. And as far as I remember that was what happened.

It was almost empty for a few months doing nothing and I filled it to the top.

Advertisement