Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big bands or Artists who have only ever had 1 truly stand out Great song?

Options
124»

Comments

To be honest the way the thread is titled makes it a bit pointless as there are no bands you could call great that had only one great song. By definition a one hit wonder isn't a great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,541 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I don't remember Dennis DeYoung or the video but I remember the song (unfortunately). It got to number 8 in the Irish charts but didn't make the UK top 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭bullpost

Simply Red - Moneys too tight to mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,523 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They could be a great band and still have only had one hit, commercial success does not greatness infer and neither does the opposite.

But the thread title says big not great, I suppose that would mean "everybody's heard of them but most people would only know one song"

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement