Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete Base for a Shed - rough price 5x3m

Options
  • 29-01-2022 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering if any builders here could give a rough estimate of the cost to lay a concrete base for a steel garden shed approximately 5x3 metres in size? As I haven’t a clue, can get a shed this size at decent price but just curious whether the base would be nearly the same in price or not, or if there’s any alternative to laying a concrete base?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

My steel shed company just used levelled concrete blocks as the base ( for each corner and in middle) and the box steel base just sits on that. Home Renovision DIY youtube channel has a shed build video (wooden) but he shows how he poured his own base. Might be an option? Gives prices too (albeit Canadian!).

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭offalyguy25

Sounds good thank you, I guess I'd need a floor tough enough to hold a ride on mower and some other stuff. Perhaps the box steel base and hardwood floor on top would be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

How is it secured to the ground ?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

It's not. Just the weight of the shed. Had to get a 5m x 3m moved a few feet which was possible with three guys unloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 egizz983

i assume shed is not super heavy so you probably will want around 15cm of reinforced concrete .with all work i would say you would be looking around 800-1400 euros also depends on access to the garden and depends on the ground it self what's the state there is if you need to remove top soil and how much of leveling needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

what's there already... if its gravel any handy-man will do in a couple of hours...it will take about 2 metre of concrete... biggest problem getting small amount delivered... i think if i was doing i would consider doing the floor after shed up to keep the floor higher so water not seep in on sides...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 egizz983

m3 concrete its around 90e how ever no one would deliver you one cube last time i bough i believe they said 5 are minimum and no reason to do delivery if no good access as then you need to hire pump as well witch is another 800e .area is not super big can be mixed on a site with one or two mixers( to be faster) manual mix you will need to get 3-4 ton bags of sand around 60each + delivery cement is pretty cheap lets say 100e and rest is labor , if top soil needs to be removed then add that plus disposal plus gravel plus hard work you looking probably around two days of work so labor would cost you around 600-700e i would say

Advertisement