Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you talk to your dog?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

You are telling me there's people out there that don't talk to their dog? That's weird

• Registered Users Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I know a man and his party piece is when chatting away to a few of us in the house without moving or changing the tone of his voice or looking at the dog he will say "I'll head home now".

The dog will immediately jump up and head for the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭sporina

I’d say v v few on here have actually read my opening post 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

TBF your OP, is a bit confusing.

Heres my take, your friend is dealing with a frustrated and somewhat reactive dog, in todays society it’s not acceptable to a lot of people to have a dog experiencing those behaviours greet their own dog . It sounds like your friend is acknowledging this and, albeit unsuccessfully, trying to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Irish_wolf

You asked if people talked to their dogs because you figure that there's no point talking to a dog because they dont understand anything beyond basic stuff " its not like he can understand her apart from stop, sit etc.. and also, he's a dog - isn't that what dogs do?". The rest of the posts have been explaining the complex and nuanced ways that their dogs both do understand and communicate with their owners far beyond these basic terms and show a deeper understanding of complex concepts. Not sure why you think these posts have somehow missed the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Sorry about that.

Not to worry, have another go if you like, it's an interesting subject.

Advertisement