Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just tested positive on antigen - a few questions.

Options
  • 27-01-2022 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

After managing to dodge it for nearly two years, an antigen should a positive result for me today. Trying to sort a PCR now. Just have a question or two - I'm fully vaccinated but haven't received the booster yet, do I need to get a recovery cert to travel now even though I'm vaccinated as I'm due to travel at the end of March. Also, can I be around pets while isolating? Info online is mixed with some sources say yes and some saying no. Reason is myself and my other half have a dog and we'll both be isolating from today so will need to arrange someone to mind the dog if we can't interact with him.

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Have you got symptoms? Why not just isolate for a few days if not? If you're vaccinated you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Skill

If you're travelling at the end of March in the EU, you prob need a recovery cert, but the PCR should give that to you. being vaccinated is grand if you're within the 9 months, but if you got your last jab, say, in June, then that will be outdated by the time you fly.

hope you get a mild dose and recover fast. As @TP_CM said, you should be grand once vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

100% get the pcr and travel cert or they will force you to get a booster to travel. the EU might scrap this, but no time soon, get the pcr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Yeah, mild enough but have a headache and slightly stiff joints at the minute.

Thank you. I'm actually travelling to New York on the 24th or March. Fully vaccinated since mid July last year. I'm unable to book a PCR online for some reason as I'm under 39. Do I have to get it privately? bit of a PITA doing that. Wonder would it be frowned uppon to just isolate for the week and until I'm showing a negative antigen and say nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Skill

actually it looks like maybe you can get a recovery cert based on uploading your antigen test

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

PCR will give you a 6 month EU recovery cert. Very easy to request it but you need positive PCR first.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I don't see any mention of an antigen test there. Thats the link to the recovery cert alright but you need a PCR.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Managed to get a PCR this morning. Just said I was over 39 when looking for a time slot and a few came up. They asked me my age at the test centre (under 39) but they didn't seem to care.

Advertisement