Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apple wont fix my Macbook

Options
  • 23-01-2022 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I bought a Macbook about 8 months ago, 3 months ago the charging port stopped working, it was under warranty so I brought it back to where I bought it and they sent it to Apple to be fixed.

The technicians in Apple wont fix it because my device location is on, I cant turn it off because I dont know the email address used to set up my apple account when I bought the macbook. It wouldnt take my email address so I created a throw away one. I never imagined it would cause this much of a problem, I only bought the Macbook for work and never used the Apple account for anything. I cant access the email address because the Macbook wont charge.

Apple have had my Macbook for 3 months now and are refusing to fix it for this reason.

That will be the last Apple product I ever purchase but as the Macbook cost me 1200 euro, I want it back and working.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• You can try here to see if you can recover your Apple ID. https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Something doesn't add up. Why would you spend €1,200 on a laptop and use a throwaway email address?

Highly suspect IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Thanks but it wont let me 'continue' without putting in the email address which I dont have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

want An excuse for a holiday ? Years ago I had an iPhone 5, had it afew years … walked into the apple store in 5th avenue New York…. Asked a girl there about it .. the fact the charging point was acting up and wouldn’t let me charge most of the time …(I had been dogging it with cable most likely which I think cause this ) she asked if phone was backed up … she do afew tests etc …. Went ahead with checking phone .. then afe mins later she just hands me over a white box and I asked what’s that … your new iPhone 5! Couldn’t believe it … was long out of warranty! Was delighted ! Years later I dropped my phone so much the sound was Screwed… used the earphones for afew months to solve this …then just happened to be goin on hols in america again and stopping in Ny at end … went in with phone … they did checks and could clearly see all the drop damaged outside the phone so said they couldn’t offer me new phone as I clearly caused it but agreed to offer me something like 3-400 towards my iPhone XR which Cost 7 something over there … I accepted!!! And made sure I got a proper cover too!!! And typing on it right now!! Suppose my msg is apple cares a lot for u in America … in Ireland compub and apple couldn’t care less for their customers …

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

The link you sent must have prompted my memory because I made a few attempts and got it on the 3rd try. Thank you!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

This also reinforces the fact that Apple take security very seriously.

It is not Apple's fault that you were so careless when setting up the Macbook in the first place.

Advertisement