Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft 2022 - Discussion thread

Options
  • 22-01-2022 1:01pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So it's a little bit belated... but unfortunately personal circumstances left me unable to run it until now..

But without further adieu the 2022 PW Draft...

Similar to other years, we’ll have 20 people (hopefully) competing in this years draft. The winners and draft admins of previous years will gain automatic entry to the draft, though it’s worth pointing out not all of them are even posting on boards any more.

Of course we won't stop accepting names at 20 sign-ups, there is always a requirement for a reserve list in case one or more of the 20 has to drop out for a plethora of reasons.

I'll be using the fancy new @ function to alert people who played last year to the existence of this thread, if you're not in a position to sign up that's fine too. Hoping to get a full contingent like we did last year but we shall see how it goes.

Our list of automatic sign-ups is now at 5, should they wish to opt out they can let me know.

Sign-Ups:

1. @Mr.Nice Guy

2. @Bounty Hunter

3. @beakerjoe

4. Necro

5. @Lord TSC

Last year the following players took part, so I'm going to mention them below:

@[Deleted User] @daithi1989 @paulie21 @JP Liz V1 @The White Wolf @Uncle Walt @brianregan09 @NITRO95 @bennyl10 @A Brad Maddox Guy @thebostoncrab @wrestlemaniac @Mr. Guappa @connemara man @SlickRic @ShagNastii

I'll pop a few former players in here too: @Furious-Red @PTH2009

As in previous years, the same rules will apply:

Rules:

Draft Order

The order people make their picks is decided at random, via a completely unbiased List Randomizer website (random.org). There will be a number of rounds in which the drawing order will not be random. These will be made clear at the start of these rounds.

Tag Teams:

Tag Teams come as a package so for example if you want the Authors of Pain then you don't have to pick Rezar one round and then Akam the next. The rules for tag teams are as follows:

- Cannot have a world champion in them ie no DX or Hart Foundation

- Must have tagged together for at least 3 months in WWE, AEW, TNA, ROH, NJPW or anything historically going under the NWA banner.

- Intergender tag teams not allowed

- Members of factions, ie Wade Barrett and Rusev, are not deemed valid picks as they are not classed as legit tag teams under the criteria for the game.

- 5 tag teams is the maximum amount of teams for each roster.

World Titles:

World titles are considered as the following:

WWE (all versions), World Heavyweight Title/WCW, TNA*, NWA**, IWGP world championship - and for the first time ever - the AEW World Championship.

All incarnations of the WWE Women's Championship are also considered as World Titles.

(Note *: For the benefit of the game as a whole and to reflect the realistic loss in prestige of the TNA Title, only TNA title reigns up until they unified the Impact World Championship with the GFW Global Championship in 2017 count.

(Note**: For the benefit of the game as a whole and to reflect the realistic loss in prestige of the NWA Title, only holders of the NWA Title up until the WCW World Championship came into use will be regarded as World Champions for the purposes of the game.)

Eligible Promotions:

Any - it has all changed since last year. If you want to draft Bandylegs McGillicuddy from Ireland - as long as you can categorically prove he has had a pro wrestling match - he is yours!

The only exception to this rule is in relation to tag teams - please see above.

Time Frame:

None. The old pre 1970’s rule remains abolished.

There will also be a celeb round where celebs who have appeared on wrestling TV are eligible for picks.

- people who would be considered Celebs more so than wrestlers are only eligible to be drafted in the special celeb round and not in any other round

- Managers, commentators and female wrestlers are eligible if people wish to pick them. Once they are drafted - they’re yours!

Trades:

Trades are allowed from Round 5 onwards but you are limited to 5 trades each. When a trade occurs it is superstars you are trading, not a pick in the draft, so you must be able to make the draft pick before they are eligible to be drafted, i.e all normal rules such as 5 tag team picks limit are still in effect.

Trades may be vetoed by those running the game in order to ensure a fair balance is maintained. However, this is extremely unlikely to occur for the vast majority of trades, and will only be discussed in situations where there is suspicion of other matters influencing the game.

Stip rounds:

There are a number of stipulation rounds lined up. Make sure to read each carefully, and if you're unsure what you're meant to do, ask in the discussion thread and verify your pick with an organiser.

Missed Picks

The draft runs under a 24 Hour rule. In other words, you have 24 hours to make your pick from the moment the person prior to you has made theirs. This will be enforced so as not to slow down the game. If you think you are going to miss your window, PM someone a list of who you'd like and they can make your pick for you. Should you miss your window, your pick will be pushed back to the end of that round.

Note - Rules may be amended during the contest to help run the game smoother if it's felt this is necessary but we will aim to ensure everyone is kept up to date if this has to happen.

Oh there's something missing from there... that's right the write ups!!!

Last year the rules were the following:

Players are limited to a maximum of 2 posts.

One is for your company statement, to outline your roster - the major players, feuds etc. This is not mandatory,

The second post is your match card. Your ultimate fantasy match ups as drafted by you.

Due to posting limitations re: images, if you wish to extend your PPV across your two posts this is permitted.

I'm considering revamping that rule and allowing 4 posts (so your company statement, two build up shows and the PPV itself) - but have not made a full decision yet as I want to see whether there is appetite for it or not. Please have your say when you do sign up, I'm not saying there is definitely going to be change but then again there might be (given a few people were asking about it last year)

So... nuBoardsies...

Post edited by Bounty Hunter on

Comments

YES PLEASE.

And hello, stranger. Hope you're keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'll have a think lads, not sure if I will have time this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Weirdly enough I was only thinking about the draft during the week, so count me in ✌️

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Thanks for thinking of me @Necro but it's not for me this year!

Enjoy it everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Go on so count me in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I'm in

Oh hell go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Yea, go on - count me in!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok so where are we at now with sign ups...

1. Mr.Nice Guy
    2. beakerjoe
    3. @Bounty Hunter
    4. Necro
    5. Lord TSC
    6. Hello 2D Person Below
    7. The White Wolf
    8. Furious Red
    9. JP Liz V1
    10. NITRO95
    11. daithi1989
    12. Mr. Guappa

That being said @Mr.Nice Guy @beakerjoe @Bounty Hunter and @Lord TSC have yet to confirm but hopefully they'll be in again this year... I'll leave sign ups open another few days anyways whilst I get stuff ready for drafting 😁 New players also welcome!!@Lord TSC

Post edited by Necro on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I will play!

BTW Necro - I didn't receive any notification or message to let me know I was tagged with the '@' so it's possible that others didn't receive a notification either and are unaware of the thread.

• Advertisement

Yeah, i didn't get a notification either. I just saw the thread on the homepage.

For what it’s worth, I got the notification while I was on my phone; not sure if it’s there on the Desktop.

Hopefully we get couple more in!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok I might shoot them a PM so, cheers for that Mr. G :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I essentially haven't been posting since boards screwed itself up but... it's the draft.

It might not be with it's usual pomp and circumstance but there may yet be some life in the BWA

I just checked and yeah, I got the notification on my phone too but not on desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

15th anniversary of the Draft if not mistaken, and so Monday Night Grappling shall return.

I say this most years, but particularly important to say it this year, thanks for running this, Necro. Best wishes.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Yeah I 2nd the above, thanks so much for the effort you put in Necro and sorry to hear about your news in real life.

In again this year, work is busy but I thoroughly enjoy the draft and alot of that is down to how well its run.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll be watching intently but I really can't commit to it this year, sorry :( January is such a rough month work wise.

But for anyone on the fence, it is so, so much fun. If you're in any way tempted, get involved :P

Okie dokie so our sign up list looks like this currently:

1. Mr. Nice Guy
    2. Bounty Hunter
    3. beakerjoe
    4. Necro
    5. Hello 2D Person Below
    6. The White Wolf
    7. Furious Red
    8. JP Liz V1
    9. NITRO95
    10. daithi1989
    11. Mr Guappa
    12. wrestlemaniac

12 so far with just @beakerjoe to confirm. I'll keep sign ups open another few days and aim to start potentially Saturday evening... what better time with the Royal Rumble this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

In the imortal words of Al Bundy.....

Lets rock.

• Advertisement

Excellent 😁

I'll post the picks thread shortly and we will get rocking!!

And away we go!!!

BH is up first for 2022, he has been suitably PMed. This stip was last used back in 2015 by Lord TSC in Round 1, it's probably even less limiting NOW than it was then given the absolute dearth of talent that has gone through ROH throughout the years.

There won't be a theme per se this year, more of an homage to some of my favorite stips used throughout the lifetime of the draft... and maybe some new ones 😌

Go my pick in, but cant seem to be able PM MNG for their pick; on my phone, so that could be the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It might be a problem on my end. I've not used the PM system since the Boards change last year and I'm finding it a lot more confusing. Hope my attempted message to beakerjoe went through.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I won't be having any storylines this year. Instead I am building a WrestleMania weekend style dream card that I am booking for my own tastes

I've got an idea formed in my head, I'll be elated if I get my 2nd draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

BAI GOD RCW has entered the draft at the last minute !!!!

@brianregan09 joins the fray also, as Round 1 has already been drawn he will make his pick at the bottom of the round.... but with the next round being reverse order it's probably not a massive disadvantage... 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 85,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Come on @beakerjoe

The nervous anticipation feels of hoping to get your top pick this round is back in me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pick made, sorry for the delay, wasnt aware it was starting today.

Went with Mox.

Advertisement