Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain in the arse family members

Options
  • 21-01-2022 11:59pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I always knew my aunty’s family were nuts.

At my dad’s funeral they recorded the whole day and made a home movie and sent it around to the whole family.

At my wedding, the whole family rsvp’d. Turned up the rehearsal. Didn’t turn up to the wedding. A whole table empty!

They did the total opposite to my sisters wedding. Didn’t rsvp. Turned up any way. Plus all their kids brought a plus 1! They stayed in the hotel and put all their drinks under my sisters name and left the hotel without paying.

Don’t think they will be invited to any more of my family events

Any other stories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭pah

Cool story bro

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SamStonesArm

When I was three my uncle took my nose and still hasn't given it back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,541 ✭✭✭✭elperello

We all have them.

That's bad enough without reading a thread about other peoples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

There's no accounting for folks but more importantly you don't get to choose the members of your family 🥴

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

The more family you have the more chance there is that there will be at least a couple of weirdos or even serial killer level psychos!! Irish Weddings bring the very worst out in people too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

You could always tackle this head on - broach the topic with them by stating "oh you left a bill, we covered it but would you mind wiring over the money when you have it, hope you enjoyed the wedding "

They sound like an electic lot at the minimum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I’m pretty sure I am that family member, but I couldn’t be happier not to get invited to **** events any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,791 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Pre wedding event that only pain in the arse families expect other people to come to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

And by doing so they ensure your famalam will never invite any of them to an event ever again.

Peralta, they are genius.

• Advertisement

They come out of the woodwork when my mam passed away. I knew their tendency to comment and interfere but had hoped they would leave it outside the door. One comment was in relation to the room we were waking mammy in. Another was how I should have had x y and z arranged but 'its too late now'. Then I was treated to what seemed helpful but was unnecessary advice regarding my dad.

Their own family member who I hadn't seen in close to 20 years sat at my kitchen table telling me all the things I would need to do for dad and how difficult it will be. In fairness to them I know it was an attempt at helping but the underlying sense was judgement and how I'm not doing enough.

Fúck off with yourselves.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Oh noes, no-nose knows nose nicker.

By now you should have picked a new one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Yeah, sounds like a bit of a sad sack event alright.

But then weddings in general, just seem like such a boring contrived spectacle to me anyway. Everyone wants to have their "special day". And make sure it runs to an exact regimented plan. (zzzZZZ... zzz)

Here's a better idea, why not make every day of your boring predictable life more "special" by thinking outside the box a bit more? And don't just follow the exact same well worn path of everyone else in your life!? Just a suggestion. 😉

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jaysus I thought that was exclusively American

• Registered Users Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The priest makes you do a “run through” the evening before the big day. The dinner after is optional but, fairly, standard.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

An uncle of mine was buried two days ago, spent his entire life moaning to anyone who would listen ,never married which was just as well as alcoholics are better single

I was asked to carry his coffin at the last minute and foolishly agreed ,he weighed twenty stone prior to death and my shoulder is in agony since

Pain in the ar5e and the shoulder

Advertisement