Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile Credit Missing

Options
  • 20-01-2022 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Thought something was up when I topped up for 5 euro and had less than 5 euro in my account when I checked yesterday without making any calls, texts, or turning on mobile data.

I had 4.83 when I checked yesterday and 2.84 when I checked today which seems to be related to a "100MB Daily Mobile Internet allowance" I have active, despite never opting in.

The offer isn't visible on myeir and neither are the charges, any way to get this sorted?

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Unfilledeyes

Checked myeir again, realized the charges have appeared on my account: 19/01/2022 04:04 DATA 0.000GB €1.99

In any case, is there a way to opt out of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Friend had the exact same issue - suddenly 1.99 charges every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times, even charges when the phone was off - excuse being apps are accessing data but I had removed the access points and disabled all data access on his phone but he was still getting the charges, ended up leaving them. Everything had been fine for years before this

You can get eir to disable data but this means no mobile data period (I think my friend still ended up getting charged after this tho)

Eir were totally ignorant as to what was happening from maybe its premium texts, to no explanation why multiple charges in one day even tho the data amounts were bytes in size but the charge supposedly covered 100 Mb (iirc)

Joke of a company

Here's my original thread

Eir credit disappearing — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

Advertisement