Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue - changing to self-employed

Options
  • 17-01-2022 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Post edited by Viscount Aggro on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Usually to go from PAYE (assuming you have been that up to now ) to self-employed you need to register for Income Tax. That can be done on ROS and is normally initiated by the taxpayer or their agent if they have one. You then file Form 11 on ROS instead of eForm12 on PAYE.

Your PPS number as used for PAYE becomes your registration number for I.T.

Your personal tax credit will then be able to be allocated there once not already used against PAYE income. If you have both self-employed and PAYE income in the same tax year ( such as the year of moving from PAYE to self-employed) then the Form 11 takes precedence over the eForm12 and all income is filed on the Form 11.

There is no schedule S under Income Tax , ( there is a PRSI class S for self-employed PRSI which is normally collected via the Income Tax self-employed returns). Self-employed Income Tax is Schedule D.

It is a straightforward process once gone about the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

No, I got it now.

Its on ROS, which I cant use.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,135 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You just need to register for ROS.

The only thing is when accessing your ROS account, you have to always do it on the same PC/Laptop as it puts a small certification file on the system for security.

They are very helpful in answering enquiries as to how to complete returns etc..

Advertisement