Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having to move out of accommodation one just moved into?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Look op, your over the top hyperbolic language and the dramatic and exagerated way you describe the situation really has nothing to contribute.

At the end of the day, the likelyhood is that you are, unfortunately, hypersensitive to whatever noise this pump is making. The reality is that many tenants before you probably had no issue with it, nor did the management nor the landlord.

I can tell you this now, the council have absolutely no role here. They do not own nor manage the building. It is nothing to do with them. Even from a planning permission perspective, the councils role in enforcing against a premises expires after 7 years. You are wasting your own and the council's time with this pump noise complaint.

Also, the management company and landlord are probably just looking at you as the problem given what I imagine would be your overly hyperbolised interactions with them. You are getting nowhere with them. Sure why shoudl they entertain you? They could do a, b,c and x,y,z to appease you and they'd say you probably still won't be happy, so what is the point.

It is a landlords market, they would be able to let it out again to someone who isn't so sensitive within a day or two probably.

Your best course of action is just to give your notice as per the letter of your contract, in the meantime organise a new home, then get your deposit back and move along.

The way you are behaving and handling the matter displays a gross immaturity and a lack of smarts and cop on as to how things work in real life.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

I checked out another property yesterday.

Jebus let me tell you, some places make the place I'm in sound like a morgue.

One place..... get this, it was literally 4 meters from a dual carriage way.

An entire housing development, and all of the poor residents have to listen to roaring traffic from early morning to late night.

I was stood in the bedroom and imagining how anyone could possibly fall asleep under such circumstances.

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Medical advice/discussion isn't allowed here. Talk to a professional.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The moderator wishes you'd post stuff in the appropriate forum, and only have one thread on a topic. Deleting the medical theorising and closing this. Go back to one of your old ones if you need to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement