Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renewing a driving license when over 70

• 13-01-2022 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭

I have just filled out the online form on the NDLA site and answered all the medical questions in the negative (twice in case I made a mistake first time round)

I assumed that they would just post out the license to me since all my answers were negative but at the end of the questionnaire they say I have to download a medical report form and bring it to the doctor for him to sign.

Does that sound correct?Is the medical form mandatory for all over 70s?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,438 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes doctor has to sign off on every new licence issued from 70 years onwards.

Your application must be accompanied by a medical report form if any of the following apply to you:

•    You are applying for a learner permit or driving licence in any of the C or D categories (bus and truck) C1, C, D1, D, C1E, CE, D1E or DE.
    •    You suffer from certain medical conditions
    •    You are aged 70 or over
    •    Your current driving licence or learner permit includes the notation code 101 which indicates that renewal is subject to submission of a valid medical report
    •    You have ever suffered from alcoholism
    •    You have ever suffered from epilepsy
    •    On a regular basis you are taking, drugs or medication which would be likely to make you an unsafe driver

https://www.ndls.ie/medical-fitness/do-i-need-to-submit-a-medical-report.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Cerco

Because over 70’s have to submit a medical report they are precluded from applying on line. It is necessary to attend an NDLS centre with the report to have your application processed.

Note that over 70’s licence are for the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭bluezulu49

This is not so. You get a medical certificate signed, photograph or scan it and upload it with the application. That is how I did mine in October. ( I am over 70).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Cerco

Apologies, things have changed then since I got mine. I was obliged to attend for mine with a report.This was confirmed to me by NDLS when I attempted to get my licence on line.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭phelimb

Yep agree...did my mothers application last year and was able to do it all online (she's in her 80's) no need to attend in person.

• Advertisement
Advertisement