Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A lame duck, OT again and maybe a lady in a bubble: The Late Late Show 14th January 2022

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

A poster referred to the women as three lemons who should be squeezed. I didn't need to hear what the women had said to describe that as great banter. In a similar fashion, you were able to infer that I am not too bright after reading a few of my posts.

i wasn't upset, just amused. I wasn't commenting on the conversation, just the comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭markw7

Some women expressed a view you disagreed with, you described them as bitter lemons who should be squeezed. I sarcastically described the comment as great banter, and appear to have upset you. I apologize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Didn't see the show last night but have caught up on the player quickly and with the thread this afternoon, some absolutely shocking posts and some very sensible coherent ones too. Tragic events in Tullamore are hard to comprehend they are so heinous, I hope the family find some comfort but I can't imagine how it would even be possible. RIP.

I think this week will be looked back on as a very dark week in Irish history for many reasons and I didn't feel like partaking in any way in the live tone of the broadcast last night.

Late Late Show Segements 2021/2022: 73

N.B I accidentally omitted the Cavan lad Segement last week so has been included this week too as "other".

I'm glad I started this now and might try and plot these on a line graph at the end of the season.

Up untill the week before the Toy show the "other" segement was by far the most common type of segment, with a good mix if sport, music and a reasonable amount of local guests too. This would be what I fully expect on an 'entertainment' chatshow and was beinging to wonder if myself and others had talked up and echo chambered a trend / common criticism that was not warranted!

However, since the Toy show the "freinds of rte" type guests have taken off and "misery" isn't far behind.

Friends of RTE: 18 (25%)

Sport: 7 (9%)

Music: 9 (12%)

Misery (Illness / death): 18 (25%)

Other: 21 (29%)

*Bonus* Toy Show mention: 7/16 (43%)

Special Episodes:

1 - Geldof Birthday

2 - Toy Show

Low points: Olympic sport segments, Billy Connolly, Mario Rosenstock.

High Points: Geldof Birthday, Lyra.

Personal quote of the season: Welsh Megaman re Brendan O' Carrol Segement:

"There's no place like Ireland."

Says the man who lives in Florida.

Ryan Tubridy second year in a row:

"Better days are ahead, mark my words"

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

She certainly has the neck to , remenber Swing Gate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

I wonder if the Funometer has a full time on site engineer. It must surely have exploded a number of times with the amount of happiness being recklessly bandied about.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Any suspects yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Terrible murder, but the amount of presenters in our media hijacking it and twisting to suit their narrative is simply disgusting.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭riddles

RTE has been accused of many things but it can never be challenged on the consistency of its inconsistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,726 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Nicola Thorp is silent on it, she must hate Irish people, as she's usually front and center of all these things in uk

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread closed. Anyone trying to get a discussion of the Tullamore murder into any threads across the site faces sanction from me. That is an Admin warning and I can issue sanctions up to permanent sitebans

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement