Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

New cars that don’t have a long backlog?

• 12-01-2022 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭ daveyjoe

I’m in the market for a new Ford Fiesta or Hyundai i20 or something similar. I’m just wondering should I expect a long backlog with all makes of car or do some makers have a reasonable wait time at the moment?

Also, I have a 2007 Fiat Punto with 120k km on it. Is it too old or would I get a decent price as a trade in?

I know I can just ring around and ask but I’m just trying to give myself a heads up before I start calling around dealers next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭ AMKC

Check out the Renault Clio,Peugeot 208 and Citroen C3 too.

The Seat Ibiza is also worth a look. As for lead in times I have no idea.

I would however say the punto Is to old to trade in. It would be worth nothing to them.

Shop around and enjoy. That's what I would do.

Best thing is to try and sell it privately if it is still good and You will get a better deal on a new car buying with a straight deal anyway.

Opel Corsa is available and is a good car. Sandero Stepway also if that floats your boat.

Advertisement