Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass sexual assaults New Years Eve,Italy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Well you have just named two more things other then sexual urges, so it must be fairly obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Christianity has moved away from being a core component in our societies. 

Really? when did this happen? We'd George W. telling us God chose him. God is on their money. We've a mass grave of dead babies nobody in power wants to deal with. We've religious orders protected up to today. We get regular comments from bishops and the like on public affairs. Bertie use to visit the bishop for advice. We let the nuns run hospitals.

The sisters of charity have nothing to do with running the maternity hospital, they own the land and have even tried to give it away with great difficulty.

just to clear that point up.

as for the rest, you’re using two political figures as examples, both of which are long retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

The only time posters "cry racism" is when racist bullshit is posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Glock17

The thing is that attitude only really works if all the different races think the same way?

We've got a situation here where a group of white girls were assaulted by a group of non white men. We all know that this has happened before with the same groups of non white men. However if anyone discusses why these groups of non white men are sexually assaulting white women people shout them down as being "racist"?

Maybe you should be preaching your "racist" lesson at the races that think sexually assaulting white women is an OK thing to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Maybe you should be preaching your "racist" lesson at the races that think sexually assaulting white women is an OK thing to do?

What races think that sexually assaulting women is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭jmreire

Brucie. in your day to day life, how is Christianity affecting you?? How would you describe it? Major effect, Minor effect, No effect?

Now... would you compare that to Ireland of the 1950s?

The influence/power of the RCC in governance has declined dramatically, as has it's ability to directly influence social activity. I think you need a little bit of perspective, if you think Christianity is involved in western societies to the degree that Islam has, in Islamic societies.

And the US should not be used as any kind of example of a moderate western society. They've done their best to retain most of their craziness over the decades. I believe most examples given on this thread have been related to Europe.. no?

Honestly, I doubt it. They'll just deflect away from any responsibility for promoting such attitudes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

How about the empty churches of Ireland?

The marriage equality and abortion referendums that passed with huge support in recent years and the divorce referendum decades before?

You're citing examples that aren't relevant in this day and age.

Western society and Ireland in particular is more secular now than ever, and that is a fact.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

the irish government cover for the church today. If any other organisation was responsible for a mass grave of buried babies they'd be getting a dawn call from the Gardai.

Well maybe the races that were sexually assaulting women in Italy? The same races that were sexually assaulting women in Cologne 5 years ago?

Let's face it, these sexual assaults are absolute text book racism. The women were assaulted because they were white :(

I'd sleep better knowing you were holding them to account.

Tbh, our moral standards are pretty much a reflection of the ten commandments.....

I think europe has been shaped by christianity tomato large degree...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

That's what the gated community and driving the SUV in to the shopping car park are for.

Problems are for the lower orders who aren't as progressive or probably deserved it.

What races think that sexually assaulting women is ok?

Well, how about considering the phenomenon of grooming gangs in the UK? The extremely high rates of rape in India. The treatment of women in M.Eastern societies that don't conform to acceptable norms. It's not as if there aren't a wide variety of behaviors that you can choose from...

This is not about races. This is about culture and religion. With Islam, culture and religion are intertwined. In India, religion is a massive component in most peoples lives, but the religions themselves don't place much emphasis on the place of women, instead, the overall culture does, because it places men so far above women. You see similar in China, where religion is mostly ignored, but due to Confucius conditioning, and other cultural beliefs, men have positions of power, and women are regularly abused.

It's not as simple as blaming a "race" of people. It's about considering the cultures that exist in the world, many of whom have values which are polar opposite of our own western values.

When migrants come to western shores, they need to be told to conform to our values, or Foff. It's really that simple. And when/if they show themselves unable to conform to those values/expectations, deport them elsewhere. It's not as if there aren't successful Islamic economies, successful African or Asian economies... why do we need to accept everyone? Why can't we place demands on foreigners to ensure that they are suitable to live among us all?

Ahh no. Christianity did shape a lot of our sense of morality, but I'd recommend you take another look at the ten commandments, if you think they're relevant to our sense of law or society.

The difference with most other nations (who were religious) is the level of conflict that occurred, while also retaining Catholicism. Our moral standards may have originally been based on the Ten Commandments (although I don't think they actually were), but we have had centuries of interactions between the religious and the scientific, along with the contributions of philosophy.

The social sciences and the woke movements are not reserved for the middle/upper class anymore. Its an outdated stereotype.

With the rise of social media, and the internet in peoples lives, anyone (regardless of their socio-economic backgrounds or education) can be involved in this kind of rubbish. Considering the availability of education, and government supports, the traditional lower classes can obtain education as high as anyone else.

And with the value of welfare, people can spend all the time they want on this kind of stuff... if they want.

We don't live in a world of exclusivity anymore.. well.. not for most normal things anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If you pretend everything is about race you don't have to face up to culture and values mattering.

If you are on the modern left, the progressive sphere, in Western Europe or North America, you are part of an overwhelmingly young white middle and upper class movement.

You'll have stark differences of opinion with others in your country especially the working class who you'll have a host of terms for, none of them nice.

In your arrogance you'll presume that others will conform to your views, especially those who come from cultures where there is nothing similar in foundational values.

Danzy, I went to an Institute of Technology for my Honors Degree (as a mature student), with most of my classmates being from traditionally working class families, low end farmer families (not wealthy), or middle class groupings. There was a very active debating society... and the "left" were not represented by the middle or upper class. It was well represented by people from all backgrounds, but to be fair, the majority were women.

You're pushing a stereotype... one that doesn't reflect the changes in Western society. Availability of education, the open access to news/information, social media... and the fact that you don't need money to engage in these activities (the exclusivity based on economic class), means that people of all backgrounds have their fingers in different causes. Feminism led many women into the area of the left, regardless of their socio-economic backgrounds. Just as the spread of Americanism/American Culture has led many people into these areas...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

For once I kinda agree with bubblypop - the defender of all things ... and usually the first to play the racism card.

(Jaysus I can't believe I agree with her for once)

These attacks are more than racism, that is too convenient an out.

Of course this is now where I would definitely depart in my views from bubbly.

There is some racism, but most of it is down to culture and the ideology of the assailants.

These lads come from extremely misogynistic societies and cultures.

And yes that is based for the most part on the underlying ideology and religion.

They see Western girls and women as whores, pure and simple.

Trust me I have gotten that from the horses mouth in the past.

The way they dress, the way they act independently, the fact they have views and independent thought makes them the enemy of the ideology these guys believe in, the way these guys were reared and the culture that they still adhere to.

If a black girl or an asian girl was in that crowd they would have gotten the same treatment.

Just look how in the likes of Paris women have been told to get out of cafes.

Just look at the UK where the majority muslim background grooming gangs tried to target Sikh girls.

The thing was the Sikhs don't put with that type of shyte and sent them packing.

Tbh, I can see where you are coming from.

Having said that, I really dont think the women getting attacked because the perpetrators considered them prostitutes as being much better than it being a racist attack?

Either way, the attackers dont really belong in Europe....

It isn't any better that they see them as prostitutes, but it is the way that a lot of the guys welcomed in Europe over last decade or so see Western females.

Where some of these lads come from women and girls dress very conservatively if not like a postbox.

And women and girls would "know their place" and definitely would not be out and about having a good time in public.

When will some people cop to fook on that these guys view women and girls as being lesser, something (yes a thing) they can control and for want of a better term "own".

Oh yes lets debate an attack carried out by a particular group, that a similar attack was carried out in another European city by the same type of group makeup.

Buts lets not mention they are immigrants/migrants, that they never entered Europe on VISAs, that they for the most part belong to particular countries and regions or that they were reared in a particular religion or ideology.

Ever wonder why Rotherham, Rochdale, Newcastle, Oxford, Huddersfield, etc, etc were now alone allowed happen, but be allowed continue for years ?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

That post re racism is probably designed to provoke responses that are not carefully weighed, so fall foul of the moderator, and then gets the thread closed. Fellow travellers and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Eight pages! I was expecting thread to be closed before second starts...

Trick question? Europeans belong in Europe....

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

Great answer. I didn't realise that you support european born muslims being in Europe then for example. There I was thinking you wanted all non-white European people out of Europe!

'These lads come from extremely misogynistic societies and cultures.'

Agreed.

• Advertisement

Ehh you do know that muslim does not equate to non white ??

Ever heard of Bosniacs or Albanians for example ?

Or Kosovans, the newest group with self determination in Europe ?

Or hell ever heard of Lisa Smith or Khalid Kelly ?

Two very pasty pale Paddies who happened to join ISIS.

Oh and muslim is not a race of people, it is a religion and an ideology.

Advertisement