Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips 7900 android TV; satellite and antenna issue

• 12-01-2022 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Purchased a new Philips TV; I've connected the antenna for saorview and have satellite connected for the UK channels.

The satellite used to be connected to a Manhattan box and then via a hdmi to the TV.

When I set up the TV yesterday; I selected the UK as it's base so the TV searched for all the satellite channels.

For saorview; I had to them choose Antenna and then search. Now rte is channel 800 etc

This I don't mind too much but going from antenna to satellite and vice versa is a PITA as I've 'to press menu then across to settings then to channel then to channel installation mode and then choose antenna or satellite...

A bit tedious!!!

I've read that other manufacturers have an easy switch but can't figure it for this Phillips...

Would I be as well off to default back to using the Manhattan box and reinstall the TV with Ireland selected as base?

Any help gratefully accepted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

My parents just bought a similar model and I have the exact same question

Honestly they won't be able to switch between the two so I am likely to hook up their satellite box up to it again to make things easier for them

Shame as if that function was more intuitive it would be great as it is a nice piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Zakmackraken

I’m in the same boat, I actually have to re tune when I switch from one to the other which takes up to 5 minutes for satellite.

Did you find a solution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

I didn't find a solution unfortunately....

I plugged in the Manhattan satellite box again so that feeds in via HDMI...

Pity but c'est la vie....

Anyway... It's Netflix we normally watch on it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

A lot of the inbuilt sat tuners on TVs are a pita to use.

I just use a freesat box. So much easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I have a Philips 9005 model but I presume that it would be the same as other models

It's very easy to set up a favourite list and I have both Sat and Terrestrial on the same list. Very simple to navigate and move between channels once you have the list set up.

You can select source and mix between both Sat and terrestrial in what ever order you want

See here for instructions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

although some people slag them off - i do believe Vestel made TV's (walker & nordmende) are the only telly's on the market at the moment that have saorview & satellite channels all on one list making it user friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

We have them all on one list. Very easy to navigate.

Philips BTW.

Post edited by BionicRasher on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭StreetLight

I think Toshiba is also part of the Vestel make. In terms of the combined terrestrial+satellite EPG, is there ANY difference at all between Walker, Nordmende and Toshiba?

Advertisement