Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2014 Kia Venga Radio Code

• 12-01-2022 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

hi all

a friend of mine left her 2014 Kia Venga in for a service and apparently the radio has to be disconnected to replace the cabin filter and as a result the radio is asking for a security code. I have tried 0000,1234,9999 to no avail & the radio gets locked out for an hour after the 2nd unsuccessful attempt.

She contracted Kia service Department who said that the Venga's do not have a security code but according to the web they do have a code and the head unit is asking for one so go figure.

So how best to proceed to get the radio back working again ?

tia

brendan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭v240gltse

also no where in the handbooks is the code shown and there are no sticker/card to show the code either

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

interesting, it seems there is the function for a code but it isn’t usually activated?

thanks for the link. unit totally locked now so off to a radio engineer ( recommended by garage) to see if he can unlock it. what a pain this service has turned out to be for her.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Kias never came with radio codes from the factory - however there was an option for the 1st owner to set one up if they wanted. Id say thats what happened here - first owner put a code into it and never wrote it in the handbook. Is she the owner from new?

If not would it be possible for to contact the previous owner and ask if they remember the code?

hi hellrazer & colm_mcm

it turns out the car is an English import so the garage has given her the name of a guy that can apparently reset it and i will keep this chat updated.

regards

brendan

• Advertisement

hi all

just a quick update , after she was driving for over an hour the "unit locked" message cleared and was replaced by the "code" message. This morning i entered 1111 and the radio started to work again 😀😀😀. I have written down the code and procedure and its safely tucked away in the owners manual in case its ever needed again.

thanks once again👍️

brendan

Advertisement