Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real world PHEV

• 11-01-2022 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

So im bit confused on a PHEV now I own one.

So I charge it up and do small trips well under the range of the Phev yet my petrol keeps dipping.

Trip 1 electric says 55km start of trip and petrol 120km

End of trip electric says 50km and petrol 118km.

Trip 2:

Trip 2 electric says 55km start of trip and petrol 118km

End of trip electric says 47km and petrol 114km.

All trips are just in around speed limit of 50km , so I'm wondering why my petrol keeps dipping down - or is this purely the petrol engine doing recalculations on predicted fuel. It seems every trip I consume petrol where I thought I'd run on electric power first and consume it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Likey it is trying to guess rather than using petrol. So maybe it is looking at your driving style and saying oh I thought they would get 120 but it's prob a bit more like 118.

Not sure which phev you have but mine will run the engine when the heating is on for example. So there maybe some petrol engine time on top of the recalculations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Like grumpy said, my guess is that in this cold weather the engine is running to heat the cabin.

there should be some indication somewhere that the engine is running, particularly at the start of the journey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I have an Ioniq PHEV and notice this happening. Sometimes the petrol range goes down by a few Kms despite not having the engine on. I think it is because the computer is calculating range based on driving style at the time. That being said, I have not seen the petrol range go up yet on a journey but have noticed it when the car has been idle for a day or two.

Unless your petrol range is dropping by 20 or 30kms every time you are driving the car then I wouldn't worry.

You should definitely hear/ feel the petrol engine come on anyway when driving or at the very least have a display telling you what method of propulsion is being used at the time.

Advertisement