Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched to eir mobile for 50 p/m, charged 60

Options
  • 10-01-2022 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone else had the above issue?

I switched to eir, buying a phone in the process and the site said 50eur p/m.

I have now got an email saying it is 60 p/m.

How are they still getting away with this level of customer service?

Of course it is impossible to get through on the phone line and when I tried the sales web chat the agent exited the chat once I mentioned the issue.

Appaling service.

I thought they might have changed since they brought customer service back to Ireland but clearly things haven't changed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Can you post a link to the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

The €49.99 pm plan is if you're already an eir customer for BB or if you sign up for BB. A €10 discount applies on all plans.

By the sounds of it the tab at the top of the page asking if you were an existing customer was selected as yes.

If you have added it to your broadband then you'll need to contact them so they're bundled under the one account and the €10 monthly discount applied

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi

I have my broadband with them so I should be on the 50 p/m offer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Should apply then, no harm in contacting them. The email could be just generic and refers to the actual type of plan and hasn't taken the discount into consideration. Definitely reach out though to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Could be a simple mistake. Could also be pure stupidity. Chase it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ya hopefully it is just a generic email. I did enter my BB account number.

It really should be a better service though.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did you have to sign a contract, was the €50 p/m on it? If the contract was over the phone ask them for the recording of what was agreed.

Advertisement