Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Electricity Plan for new EV Owners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,796 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There's no "request sent" etc. There's a portal that all supply companies have access to go in, create a job req and select an appointment. Should be done when you're on the phone to your supply company.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Thanks, I was told (via chat) to allow a day for the "request" to go though and then I could call ESB Networks for further details. Hopefully that wasn't more BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I asked SSE to lodge the request, then rang ESB Networks myself an hour later. Got a very helpful lady in Cork who made me an appointment for 3 days later

I just wanted to make sure nobody was faffing about. Fortunately I just made it over to SSE before the price rises.

Had your SSE contract ended before you had the new meter installed? I have just over a week left to run on mine so hopefully if the change happens quickly it won't cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭CoBo55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Meter swap requested with supplier last Fri, called ESB networks to chase it up last Tue, swap completed this morning.

Very happy with that process. Now just wait a couple of days for the meter change to register before switching to Energia.

Don't give up! Its a terrible waste of time but you'll wear them down eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Will providers let you re-fix for a year with the same provider before the year is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

within the last 3 months for Energia.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Damian83

I asked Energia to put me on the EV rate on 30th August, they said there were no ESBN appointments available. They were supposed to keep checking and call me back. Meanwhile there's been two price increases. Do you think they will give me the prices on the 30th since I initially called then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Letter from energia received today confirming my rates of 27.44c &. 7.9c.

I made the switch on Saturday 28th August. So almost 2 weeks to get the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I called Tuesday last week and was told no appointments and to ring back Thu/Fri. Rang back Thursday and ordered. Only realised I got the higher rate after seeing on here it had gone up. Meter was installed the day it went up again and I’ve not heard from them since so I hope they don’t try give me the further increase.

I don’t think they will honour the price from your call as you didn’t sign up then. I will try it since I rang first on the Tuesday but I think I’ll only get the price when I properly signed up on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,334 ✭✭✭✭fits

Got my letter yesterday and the 27 and 8 cent rates. Really happy that’s fixed for the year now and gives us a chance to organise solar. Thanks to posters in this thread - i will probably save a good bit of money over the year as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Its sad that we consider 27c for day rate as being good, but it is the reality!

Over the last 10+ years I think I have always had it for 14-17c for day and 5-8c for night. Those were the days!

The worry now is that it will be hard to get the providers to go back to those rates, even if the market returns to pre-war state.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

€296.40 (urban)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Looks like I spoke too soon. Despite being physically able to switch while inside my cooling off period with BG (day 13 after an initial switch from EI) and after receiving my welcome letters from Energia I subsequently received double cancellation letters today and was not moved over to Energia after all.

After querying this apparently it's down to the network operators refusing to let people jump around willy-nilly (even if the switching workflows allow it). So I'm thrown back to EI and have to wait 20 business days from my later switch in order to be clear to move to Energia.

Of course there has been a price rise since then, but the chap on the phone said he would be able to get me the rates at which I initially applied at the start of September by simply resubmitting the original switch request - happy days if true but I'm sceptical!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,334 ✭✭✭✭fits

it really seems to defeat the purpose of a cooling off period. I hope you will write to CRU?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Nuphor

Search seems a bit broken but.. just to confirm, this fixed EV plan folks are talking about is only available over the phone? I assume so as I see no mention of fixed rates via https://www.energia.ie/plans-and-switching-info/ev

(Have a day/night meter, so should be good to go otherwise).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,796 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I agree. However most folks on this forum and the PV forum will use most of their energy on night rate anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Switched to Energia on 2-Sept when the night rate was 8.59c. Had to get meter changed from 24hr to Day-Night. Rang them today and they now won't stand over the rates agreed when I switched, instead offered a rate of 9.72. But maybe you'll have better luck than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭fafy

Just to clarify, is that because you did not have a day/night meter as of September 2nd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Damian83

They didn't honour the rates with me, I signed up anyway. Thing is I have a day night meter, it needs to be reconfigured or updated on the ESBN system. Appointment is for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

I think so, yes. I have to get my 24hr meter reconfigured to day/night. But they told me those rates were fixed when I signed up.

I've asked for a copy of the phone conversation to see if I can annoy them into giving the rate when I signed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭fafy

I think its been said before on here, to get a Day/Night rate tarriff, you need to have a day/night meter already in place, at the time you sign up. It sounds like, its better to sort our any meter swaps or upgrades first, before signing up, as the providers have some visibility of your meter suitabilty, to a tarriff, but that reconfiguration sounds unfortunate, seeing as therenis a day/night meter in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

I signed up online, day night electric car plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

Same here but I'm not standing for it. We asked multiple times that they would honor the rate. Only reason we signed up. And no record they are saying of the conversation. Anyway we are not standing for it. Disgraceful behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Nuphor

OK cool, I just didn't see any mention of fixed rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Wait, did Energia go up again? I thought it went from 7.9c to 8.Xc, now it's 9.62c and a painful 33.4c day rate :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

yeah discount is down to 15 % now across the board now afaik

Advertisement