Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

All my stuff still up. Might take it down next weekend, might not 😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have a Christmas cookie Yankee candle lighting. It sat in the attic all off season last year and I figured I’m not putting it back in the attic this year better use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Same we have a cinnamon one in the kitchen and a Christmas one in the living room ha. They are winter scents that's the way I see it anyway!

Pretty much every year we forget to pack something christmas related away and after 2 full weeks of the decorations being down & packed away was convinced we'd actually not missed anything this year, until.... noticed on my sons bedroom door that he still has his 'santa, please stop here' wooden door hanger up!! So yet again we managed to miss something!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Was sitting having breakfast yesterday morning and notice two little Santa out in the back garden on one of the side of one of the raised flower beds. Think I'll leave them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I only noticed earlier we left a snowman down by the tv. I said it to me wife and she started laughing saying she knew and was waiting to see how long it took for me to notice ha! Sadly tonight is his last night he's got to go away for another 313 days ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

We thought we had packed away everything and found a Merry Christmas sign on the glass part of the cooker hood the other day, just checked and it's still there. I think I've made an Elf out of the wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

2 days ago I realised that we still had the Christmas table covering on. It's still there now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Christmas2U ads still playing on Virgin media.

And I spotted another Christmas tree still up and lit in the wild. This time it was my neighbor 8 doors up from me. Their tree is STUNNING.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Have noticed while surfing through the movie channels the last few nights that Movies 24 have been showing the odd Christmas movie, it's their stock of Hallmark ones if you're into those ones.

Some of them are decent background viewing. Maybe muted and leave it on for the seasonal backdrops.

Deffo a switch in vibes out there tonight. Gone are the remaining trees, lights and wreaths. In are gatherings, parties and hope for the year ahead!

Picked up a pack of these yesterday... surprised at how much they actually taste of mince pies...

Yeah they’re still in my local dealz, Dunnes and Tesco. I’d buy them if I wasn’t 99% certain they’d end up in the bin!

They're only okay. Even as a huge mince pies fan I'd prefer dark chocolate digestive biscuits to these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

The gingerbread ones are nice

Had my first hot chocolate of the winter season at Avoca in Malahide while out for a stroll. Better late than never.

Was out kicking footie with the young lad and popped in for a coffee, we might have seen each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Was in a lovely little gift shop yesterday & they had loads of Christmas stuff half price. Couldn't have a proper look as I had the baby with me but managed to snare this beautiful teapot!

• Advertisement

Home Alone on Film4 today very soon. Perfect hangover movie if anyone has one.

Just beat me to it, saw it advertised earlier.

Not sure what's more out of season, Home Alone or a hangover!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I only realised over the weekend that Moira from Schitt's Creek is the mam from Home Alone! Admittedly, I'm very late to the Schitt's Creek party, but I think it was the lack of red hair that threw me

Ah it's such a great show. I owe @Posy credit for that recommendation.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just thought I'd tell you our next door neighbours still have their Christmas wreath on the front door and some baubles on a little tree in a pot also at the front door. They put up some Halloween stickers on the window in the door for Halloween 2018 that are still there so who knows when the wreath will come down 😂

In case anyone missed it over the weekend, Home Alone is on Film 4 again tonight at 6.55pm... It seems we're into the regular showing of this on Film 4/E4 now...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Andrew93

Purchased a firestick over the weekend and got one of them apps that has all the TV Series/Movies preloaded onto it and it has a 24/7 chritsmas movie station. Safe to say I have found my perfect background viewing/sound for the year!

It was Ray Foley's last morning on RedFM Breakfast show and all last year himself and the 9am show Neil Prenderville were locked in a battle over who would play the first Christmas song of 2021, Neil won by playing Last Christmas in October.

As it was Foley's last day today he played "Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas" in full as the first official Christmas song played on RedFM in 2022.

• Advertisement

John Lewis setting out their stall for 2022 anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement