Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you hold enough CC to cash out and live off for the rest of your life?

Options
  • 06-01-2022 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I guess the trick was to get in early. Or are you waiting for the value of e.g. BTC to skyrocket, then sell it to have a comfortable life?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Nice try Mr Revenue Inspector 😜

How about you go 1st!

Seriously though? My trade vol last year was approx $3million on just Binance 😮 Which honestly shocked me and my bank account when CGT time came around.

My overall trade volume across all exchanged was closer to $4million.

My actual bag? A rather small % of that total. Up until yesterday? HODLlng would certainly have given me both a far better gain, and, a zero tax bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

"My overall trade volume across all exchanged was closer to $4million."

Hi.

4m - wow! How does trade volume equate to converting it into actual cash? I'm a bit lost in the trading game.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Trade volume = the aggregate total of buys/sells. It sounds impressive as a total, but aside from the taxman? It's really just a dick measuring number IMO.

I can have $1000 USD, buy $1000 in ETH and trade back to USD when ETH hits $1200. That gives a total of 2 trades, and $200 profit, but on the volume? It comes in at $3200. Think of volume as the running cumulative total of your trades. It's the running total of your buys + sells. It doesn't even come close to being an indicator of value or profit tbh.

A quick example of why the volume doesn't matter is if you are swing trading. Lots of orders and trades but very little profit that quickly grows your volume but not your capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

No.. right now a new kitchen, with some luck a decent extension maybe 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I wont make it this cycle

At the moment I have enough to cash out to buy a bicycle.

But it only accounts for 4% of my net worth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Why would anyone answer this genuinely lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Don't worry, I'm not from revenue. I too will have to deal with the CGT ordeal whenever I decide to cash out some/all of my BTC.

Advertisement