Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hen Party - Cork City

Options
  • 05-01-2022 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,

Unsure where the best place to put this thread so I thought "Cork City" probably made the most sense! Admins, feel free to move if there is a better place for it.

I'm hoping someone is able to tell me what the average cost of a 2 night hen party in Cork city is.

Arriving on a Friday, departing on Sunday in early September with the following:-

• Accommodation for 2 nights (self catering preferred, although open to Hotels)
    • Outdoor activity e.g. Ziplining
    • 3 course meal on the Saturday night

I've received a couple of quotes from different hen party providers and they are charging 300euro and upwards for the above - that seems excessive, is it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭notAMember

There's no average party cost, same as there is no average wedding cost. It's as long as a piece of string... what time of year, how many people etc. You're also paying for the party coordinator.

If you like, you can bypass the party planners and do it yourself if you have a budget in mind.

Booking.com or airbnb will give you the accommodation cost. I don't know where you would get self-catering in city center, might need to go outside the city.

Zip lining is 35 euro a head, plus gloves @2 euro each and parking costs. you get a 10% discount for groups larger than 10 people. Do you need transport to get there?

For groups, cheapest I've seen is ~25 euro a head for 2 courses, 35 a head for 3. Are you including drinks? decorations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

The only self-catering that springs to mind would be the apartments in Hotel Isaacs on McCurtain St. If you can get it (and it's affordable) it'd be a great location for a hen party, great selection of pubs and restaurants along there.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭noraos

Hi, for comparison, I recently paid 185 for 1 night at a hen in Kilkenny, included dinner, hotel and axe throwing, also a bus to the event and we had vodka and box of beer on the bus, the meal budget included a cocktail,(and this was early as pubs were closing early with restrictions) so we didnt have to put our hand in our pocket til almost evening time.

I would think 250-300 is probably average if its 2 nights. But that is a hotel, if ye can get an air bnb it would be cheaper.

A suggestion maybe Kinsale maybe, and do one night in the house games and maybe city another night, loads to do in the area and good few bars around the placed aswell.

I have had friends stay here and they highly recommend it , I think it sleeps over 20.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Vienna woods have lovely self catering houses. Had a hen there last year and with accomodation,lunch and dinner in the hotel it was about 120 each this was for one night though

Advertisement