Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Long term illness scheme application

Options
  • 05-01-2022 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, I was DX'd with RRMS recently and started Gilenyna in December. I applied for the long term illness scheme, but it's been really frustrating getting info on it from HSE. They parrot the same thing all the time on the phone, that it's being processed, but they can't possibly give a timeframe🙄 i need to know so that i can talk to the chemist, because I don't have lots of money at the moment to pay upfront for the prescription so I'd like an idea of a timeframe, but they are just stonewalling me. Can anyone give the time it too, roughly, to get yours?Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Would Gilyena not be covered under the “ high tech” medical access system ? When I was on Betaferon, that’s what covered it. I will also credit my Neuro’s secretary for kicking HSE ass as I was being given the run around - worth considering too !

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭suds1984

Yes gilyna is on hi-tech scheme but patients needs to be registered on one of drugs schemes to get it on hi-tech eg medical card, drugs payments or long term illness. If patient doesn’t have medical card or LTI registered then they go on DPS which is €100 / month. How long is your application in for Long term illness?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It's a long, long time since I got on the LTI scheme, tbh, but at the time, I was told the betaferon had to be approved on the high tech scheme and then would be covered on the LTI. Did you pay for it on the DPS for December?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭GoogleBot

My friend sister stayed in the hospital for a few days where the nurse initiated the application on her behalf. I think she got in 2 weeks after signing the application.

Advertisement