Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kensington, Foxburrow, Portlaoise

Options
  • 04-01-2022 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

We are seriously considering buying a home in The Kensington, Foxburrow, Portlaoise and we would really love to get some feedback on this housing estate and on the Foxburrow area in general. especially for a family with kids.

Are there many social housing estates nearby? Is there any issue with anti social behavior in the area?

We are from Dublin and therefore we are not really familiar with Portlaoise.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭pleh

Foxburrow is between the Stradbally road and the dublin rd which is a nice enough part of Portlaoise, sorry I dont know anything about the estate itself. But there are nice settled areas nearby.

We nearly bought a second hand detached bungalow on the block road close to the Stradbally rd, i thought it was lovely, but oh wanted a bigger front garden, so it didnt work for us.

You probably know the hospital is close-by. The nearest bar would be in the Killeshin hotel.

I wouldnt live there without a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LoScar

Hi,

Just curious if you went ahead with buying here/found any info on the area? We’ve put a holding deposit on one of these houses this weekend. We’ve been to Portlaoise a few times now and this area seemed nice and quiet/settled but can’t find much about it online. We’re also from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

The area seems fine when we last visited, however we ended up not putting a deposit on the house as it was smaller than we thought. The garden was also very small as the agent told us that is about half the garden in the show house.

Advertisement