Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

2012-2013 Audi A3 or BMW 1 series ~13k?

• 04-01-2022 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 17 shanksadams

I recently got my driving license and looking for a budget premium hatchback (Automatic), that the wife with an L license could easily drive. Insurance quotes (Chill.ie) for the both of us have been around €2200-2300 (I am a N driver), for bmw 1.6L 1 series cars. The maximum i could spend including insurance, tax and all other costs is about 15k, so i figured something around 13k with a 6 month warrranty would be ideal.

We are planning to have kids in a year or so and wondering if a A3 is a better choice, considering the space in the backseat, Like the 1 series as its more fun to drive. I am buying a car for the first time in Ireland, I know a Golf is a better and more practical choice but want to own an Audi or a BMW for a couple of years (merc doesn't really have anything in that price range). I would really appreciate any tips or insights, Thanks !

PS : Some of the cars, i have come across so far.

Comments

Advertisement