Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can Anyone Recommend Healthier Muesli ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Jizique

Flahavans hi-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

How much of that cereal do you have each serving? In grammes?

What yogurt are you using and how much?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Well done! You're on a good roll.

The little bit of sugar there is also coming with fibre, it seems to come with the dried fruit. Just use a small amount.

You can also your make your own muesli, but I really do not think that is your enemy. Enjoy your food, your life, you are doing great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,635 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Typically between 105 and 111 Gramme of cereal serving

3 big spoons of lidl greek yogurt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

For anyone that's regularly eating mueseli or granola I echo the suggestion above that you consider making your own. It's extremely straightforward, and would allow you to decide yourself what you want to put in or take out.

If you want a really stripped-back bare bones option then just do 1 kilo of jumbo oats, a bag of desiccated coconut, 1 bottle of maple syrup and 3/4 of that amount olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, mix, and then bake in a big tray at 150 degrees for around an hour, stirring every 10 minutes to avoid burning. This is a version of a famous Nekisia Davis recipe for olive oil, mape and sea salt granola, but I dramatically reduce the amount of sugar she uses.

I'd suggest that really overall calorie content is probably more important than the sugar content alone. I personally like a granola that still tastes reasonably good, I would just use less of it. Cut up 2 pieces of fresh fruit, just use a sprinkling of granola and then serve with a high-protein yoghurt or skyr option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Tesco Swiss Style No Added Sugar Muesli 1Kg

Nutrition

Typical Values Per 100g

Energy (kcal) 367

Fat (g) 6.1

Carbs (g) 62.4

Sugars (g) 13.5

Fibre (g) 8.7

Protein (g) 11.2

Salt (g) 0.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

You could consider reducing the portion size if you want to stick with that product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Jizique

I presume that is imported with associated carbon footprint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭amandstu

I add an amount of grated apple to my muesli now.Very simple and easy and it makes the muesli, whatever that may be much lighter and less stodgy.

Don't understand why anyone would want sugar in a muesli There is plenty of sweetness available in the various ingredients.

• Advertisement
Advertisement