Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday pay/ Bank Holiday pay

Options
  • 02-01-2022 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So to put this as generically as possible. I work at a small business. There were originally more staff but over the last while it has whittled down to just 2, myself and my employer. I like my job and don't really have a complaint on that side of things, I pick and choose my hours for the most part which is great. I'm there a while now (about 18 months) and I've never received holiday pay or bank holiday pay. I know its a reduced rate because I'm part time but I'm afraid to rock the boat by even asking about it because she gets a bit huffy when I bring stuff like this up. Ive noticed when I ask about future staffing she automatically gets her back up, anyone I've suggested for the job she never follows up so we don't even have the staff to cover if I did ask to take some time off. Can anyone tell me what to do, my family are starting to get mad that I'm not asking for it, is there a required amount of notice I need to give etc when applying for holidays?

Side note I do get a Christmas bonus from her and I'm not sure if im supposed to accept that as part of my holiday entitlements or not?

We've been friends longer than I have worked for her but it's getting a bit unbearable now and I don't want to ruin our friendship over something so silly as work drama so any kind words of wisdom would be great.

Answers

Advertisement