Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello from Eastern Europe

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭golodge

Some of heifers, which will be kept as replacements this year.

Lodge Hamlet sired:

Tweeddale Lookout sired 87,5% char heifer and some others.

Current plan and already a plan in the making is to start my own pure Parthenaise herd. First ten heifers should arrive in November. All will be around 14-17months then, so should be able to start their AI next year in May-June. It was my personal dream for more than ten years! Will post photos when girls will arrive here 😄

This year had brought us some ups and downs. Just last year bought pure lim bull decided that he's going to retire... Some fertility issues appeared. Even last year he left me a couple empty, which stuck to AI on the first try in March. This year almost all cows were repeating again and again while running with him. Made a decision to sell him as there was no use of him anymore. Stayed with AI only. Three first calvers refuses to get incalf... The last choice is synchronization.

But can always be happy that have some nice calves growing and heifers looks to be all incalf already.

Going to keep these two for clean up after AI for the next year. One culardx, another parthenaise cross.

Parthenaise heifers from heifers, 4months old.

Almost two months old 75% blonde heifer and blue x bull calf with dams.

As promised some photos of the new arrivals. Arrived yesterday and photos from yesterday. In total 11 heifers- 10 for myself and one for my mom.

• Advertisement

Gotta do somekind of update here. Currently we are somewhere in the middle of calving. Can't really go all out in short time as weather conditions aren't really sutable for calving on a larger scale, but have to have some bigger weanlings as well, so a longer calving season is working for us so far.

Some of the calves born this year. The first photo was taken yesterday. Tweeddale Lookout sired second calver with limx bull calf.

Barely 3 weeks old blondex heifer sired by Gazou. 60kg birth weight though.

One day younger than blonde heifer, sired by Newman du blanc dos. 61,5 kg birth weight of this one.

2,5 weeks old parthenaise sired bull calf, by Ilus.

Gonna start calving heifers here soon. All due from the 3rd to 19th of May. Some of the heifers:

87% charolais, sired by Tweeddale Lookout, incalf to charolais.

Black 75% lim, incalf to the french lim JT, the red sired by Lodge Hamlet, incalf to Myerscough Phantom.

Sired by Lodge Hamlet, incalf to blonde.

The red is sired by Lodge Hamlet, incalf to parthenaise bull Ilus. The yellow is 50% bazadaise, incalf to bazadaise.

Advertisement